cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain the fields mandatory in Opportunity and quotation SAP CRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have the following two requirements :

1.Need to mark the fields as mandatory in SAP CRM Opportunity (description,sales prospect,phase,status,opportunity group,origin

,product(description,quantity,expected total value) ,Milestones(Start date and end date),Organization.

2.Also the fields in SAP CRM Quotation ( Prodcut,Usage,Project Manager ITS (an Employee) and Capitalization ( our Z-customer field)

How to achieve this ? Is this can be done through pure customization in SAP CRM or any developers work involves? We are using SAP CRM 4.0 .

Pls provide the solution at the earliest .

Cheers

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some can be done thru customazing in spro>crm>basic settings>incompleteness>Define Incompleteness Procedures. For more enhanced functionality you can use also badi under spro>crm>basic settings>incompleteness>Business Add-In for Incompleteness Check in Business Transac.

To define incompleteness for exampla for SAP CRM Opportunity - description, do the following in spro>crm>basic settings>incompleteness>Define Incompleteness Procedures:

- create new incompletenes group: e.g. ZOPP

- assign this group to your opportunity transaction type

- define incompleteness procedure:

- object type: ORDERADM_H

- field name: DESCRIPTION

- relavance: HEADER

- define determination

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Thanks very much.

I am not able to find the the way to mark mandatory for the fields Product , Description,Quantity,Exp.total Value under the Products Tab in the Opportunity. Can you please provide the steps for the needful and also advise do i need to put this at header or item level.

It would be great if you provide in detail.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this Badi ORDER_SAVE.

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All fields are not covered by standard customazing functionality. For more enhanced functionality you can use badi under spro>crm>basic settings>incompleteness>Business Add-In for Incompleteness Check in Business Transac.

Or even ORDER_SAVE in which you then insert error messages. But I would go with the first approach. But of course both mean that you will have to code the logic.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dennis,

Thanks very much.

It would be more helpful if you provide me in detail how to check the BADI (Order_Save) and mark mandatory particularly for the field Product under tab products for the opportunity and quotation.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE for implement your program.

FM CRM_ORDER_READ for read parameters of the document by GUID.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

I guess you solved above problem? I just found a way to maintain the things you asked for. Let me know if you need some help.

former_member293746
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply , Hannes.

It was resolved long back.

Best Regards

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assumed that! No problem, you're welcome!

Best regards

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Did you solve it using the guidance above or did you do something else to solve this? Can you elaborate?

Many thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Badi ORDER_SAVE.

You have to imbplement your extension for check these fields.

You can find examles for implementations on sdn.

Denis.