cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between CCR, CQ and CPP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to find the difference between /sapapo/ccr, /sapapo/cq and /sapapo/cpp. what is the difference between these and when do we use them functionally.

-Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The administration of SAP APO Core Interface (CIF) consists of monitoring the data transfer between SAP APO

and SAP R/3 and can be done by

u2022 CIF comparison/reconciliation of transaction data

u2022 CIF error handling

u2022 CIF cockpit

u2022 qRFC alerts

u2022 qRFC Monitor

u2022 CIF queue display

u2022 SCM queue manager

u2022 Computing Center Management System (CCMS)

u2022 Application log.

CCR: This function identifies and correct data inconsistencies between APO and R3 system that can occur during the transfer.and is meant for transactional data reconciliation. This takes into account both objects that are not available in one of the systems and objects that differ in the two systems.

CQ:

With the SCM Queue Manager you can check outbound queues in your own or in a connected system and react

to errors if necessary. The advantage is user friendly.

CPP

CIF postprocessing is used to display and process postprocessing records that are automatically generated

during CIF error handling.

CIF Error handling:

CIF error handling can be used to avoid queue blocks during the transfer of transaction data. It ensures

that all CIF queue entries are processed during the data transfer. Faulty queues no longer lead to queue blocks. Instead, they are logged in postprocessing records in the relevant target system for the data transfer. You can then call these postprocessing records at a later point in time in CIF Postprocessing. Once the error has been corrected you can then send the objects to the relevant target system again.

Thanks,

nandha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As mentioned above in CCR the system does the reconciliation online and shows you the inconsistency which are there at that time. In CPP, it does not reconcile online immediately , it will just show you the inconsistencies which were in Past.

For example take PRs which has stuck initially due incorrect Master data. Now if you execute the CCR and CPP you will see this entry . Once you corrected the master data , the Que will be get cleared and PR will get transfer to ECC system. As we have consistency when you execute the CCR , it will try to do the reconciliation again will not show any results. But in CPP you will still find this entry as it does not reconciliation the data again online. It just show you earlier entry which you might require to flag as obsolete.

I hope it explain you in more detail.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for all your inputs.

Closing this thread.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just one correction for your second question.

CCR : does the reconciliation online and give you the inconsistencies to be corrected & I think CPP just store all these inconsistencies from the past. It will not execute online reconciliation when you execute this transaction.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

thanx for your reply.

Question 1 is absolutely clear. However I am looking for some more clarification on my second question. In both CCR and CPP, we push the corrections to the respective systems( -->APO, -->R/3). Hence still not clear on the difference between CCR and CPP.

-Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find below the answers for your questions.

1 .SCM queue manager is used to check blocked queues and delete/activate the queues from there.

- Does the post processing show the same queue blocks? what is the usage of marking obsolete? Is it the same as deleting the queues from SCM Queue manager? Are the entries shown in CPP a result of queue block?

In the Queue manager you see the faulty Ques which can be deleted. The logs are maintained in CPP. You can delete the Que from SCM Queue manager, but the logs will be there in CPP. For example you have issue with product and Que stuck in the Que manger because of which you also some dependent ques data which is unable to flow between ECC to APO. We can delete the Que which will allow other ques to clear. Than you can go back to the Product for which Que has stuck correct the master data for example and again send data from APO to ECC using CPP.

It might be while processing of correcting the data you try to CIF the same data multiple times and it stuck in SCM Queue manager which has been cleared or delete. In CPP you will have all these entries for multiple times, so you can also obsolete the old entries once you fix the issue and transfer the data correctly.

2. CPP gives an option of reconcilliation of transaction data inconsistencies. Even in CCR, we do the reconcilliation of the transaction data. What is the difference?

CCR : does the reconciliation online and give you the inconsistencies to be corrected & I think CPP just store all these inconsistencies from the past. It will do online reconciliation when you exeute it.

I hope this will help to clear your some doubts.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you explain me the difference between obsolete and delete actions on a queue.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riyaz

Please check this report : /SAPAPO/CIF_POSTPROC_REORG using SE38. It has two options

Set Postprocessing Records as Obsolete and Delete Postprocessing Records. Please read SAP Help by doing F1 to read some helpful information. SAP recommends to schedule this program as a regular background job (daily/weekly, for example).

Below is the text from from SAP Help -

Postprocessing records that are still to be processed are white, those that have been processed are green, and obsolete ones are gray. In general, you only select the postprocessing records that are still be to processed.  You use the Set Entry as Obsolete This graphic is explained in the accompanying text indicator to set the processing status of the postprocessing record to Obsolete (Set Manually); for example, if you do not want an object to be sent again. The object itself is unaffected by this action. You use the Remove Obsolescence Indicator This graphic is explained in the accompanying text to reset the processing status to Still for Processing. As a result, the postprocessing record is displayed in yellow.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx to Nanda and Aparna.

Basically I have used all the three transactions on multiple uses. But found these transactions to be overlapping on each other. Let me reframe my question-

1. SCM queue manager is used to check blocked queues and delete/activate the queues from there.

- Does the post processing show the same queue blocks? what is the usage of marking obsolete? Is it the same as deleting the queues from SCM Queue manager? Are the entries shown in CPP a result of queue block?

2. CPP gives an option of reconcilliation of transaction data inconsistencies. Even in CCR, we do the reconcilliation of the transaction data. What is the difference?

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manotosh

In a nutshell here is the difference between the transactions

/n/sapapo/cq - Queue manager . Mainly used to look for blocked queues / error queues that caused the CIF jobs to fail. The faulty queues can also be deleted from this transaction.

/n/sapapo/cpp- CIF post processing. Certain type of inconsistencies in transaction data such as difference in quantity in a production / purchase order are soft errors that can be handled after the CIF jobs are complete. That is certain errors are written to the post processing log and you can work these errors and resolve inconsistencies as part of your daily/ weekly support activities

/n/sapapo/ccr - CIF reconciliation. Used to sync data between R/3 and APO. As the name states CCR compares the data in R/3 and APO and records inconsistencies . You can resolve these inconsistencies by deleting the data from APO/ sending data to APO .

Thanks

Aparna