cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS SVT for UVCB Substance ( REACH REGULATION)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope someone of you can help me.

I'm working for a new client ( oil refinery - benzine and so on), the aim of the project is to implement the EHS SVT module.

The substance involved in the process are UVCB substances, this means that based on REACH regulation they are substance of unknown or variable composition.

I don't know if is possible to track substance ( SVT module) without having information about component ( poor substance) and limits.

The description of component are ofter generic, like "linear fatty acid C8-C16", or like "A complex combination of hydrocarbons consisting primarily of paraffins, cycloparaffins, aromatic and olefinic hydrocarbons having carbon numbers predominantly greater than C3 and boiling in the range of 30°C to 260°C (86°F to 500°F)"

What i'm asking is: Do you know how to track this king of substance, which value assignment type I must use, with property tree and most of all how i can manage the composition??

Please someone of you let me know something or at least where I can find more information about.

Thanks in advance

Anto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anto

This is an option do go on:

UVCB substance: you need to establish in EH&S a "specification". You should use some identifier to describe the UVCB. You could prepare in customizing a new spec type (e.g. Z_UVCB) if necessary.

Then you prepare the REAL_SUB with the attached materials. In EH&S SVT Customizing you need to specify which property of type composition is to be used in the filling of the EH&S SVT tables (as well as the usage). Then you need simply to prepare the data record in the property.

Now in filling the CCRCT_EHS_COMP table will get a simple entry. If now one of the materials attached to your REAL_SUB is "imported" or "produced" (according to your set up of EH&S) the "UVCB" will be taken into account like a "LIST_SUB" or "PURE_SUB". IN EH&S SVT it is not of "interest" which spec type the substance have which need to be taken into account regarding REACH (please take a look on definition of CCRCT_EHS_COMP).

So from a technical point of view the UVCB will be tracked (if necessary). Now from legal point of view the topic is different. As now REACH is effected (01.12.2010 deadline) you must have preregistered or registered anything which need to preregistered/registered or you are not allowed to import/produce any more in REACH area And therfore you need to register the UVCB as well (which is possible "without" problems)

Now once again back to your questions:

1.) What i'm asking is: Do you know how to track this king of substance => Create composition of REAL_SUb with e.g. LIST_SUB or PURE_SUB

2.), which value assignment type I must use => a matter of decision in EH&S SVT set up; in other words: it is your choice! SAP EH&S SVT is shiped with some "standard customizing"

3.) , with property tree => make sure that you have implemented any !! OSS note related to EH&S SVT because there are some new properties to be included; if you use SAP standard tree and if you have prepared the new proeprties according to OSS etc. you will find them in "STANDARD" tree

4.) and most of all how i can manage the composition??

If have no idea what the problem can be (I do not understand your question)? Simply create one composition. E.g. you could define: 80 % aceton and 20 % UVCB

5.) Please someone of you let me know something or at least where I can find more information about.

=> there is a very good guideline available in a SAP OSS on SAP marketplace (Note 905726).

With best regards

C. B.

PS: may be you should switch FORUM. EHS is discussd here:

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 2, 2010 8:47 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 2, 2010 8:48 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 2, 2010 8:49 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 2, 2010 8:51 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 2, 2010 8:53 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Dec 2, 2010 8:54 PM