cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 - Fix for decreased font size in exported PDF does not work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

we are trying to get rid of the decreased font size in exported PDFs in Crystal Reports 2008. We applied the fix mentioned in Business Objects Note ADAPT00940675 by creating the following registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\TruncationAdjustment (=2)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\UsePrecisePositioningForText (=1)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\TruncationAdjustment (=2)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\UsePrecisePositioningForText (=1)

This fix works perfectly fine on our developer's machine (full version of CR 12.3). However, it does not work on the tester's machine (CRRuntime_12_1_mlb.msi). Having said that, the registry entry ForceLargerFonts works on the tester's machine, i.e. the font size is not decreased in the exported PDF.

Now I am wondering which release of CR12/2008 contains the fix with TruncationAdjustment and UsePrecisePositioningForText?

And which dll actually processes the registry entries? Is it CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Sabine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sabine,

You are comparing ripe apples to green apples. You are using the latest CR Service Pack 3 but you are distributing Service Pack 1 in your deployment.

Go to our download page and get the distribution package you are using that matches your Development PC version and test again.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We too have similar problem. We use a web based software that downloads the viewer as activex. We get different font sizes in different systems when same report is exported to PDF/printed. In some machines, if the report is printed directly to printer, it gets printed in big fonts; however, if exported to PDF and printed, it gets printed in smaller fonts.

I do not know if the viewer is housed on the server or on the local machine. In the local client registry, I only can find the Business Objects folder in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and not in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder. In HKLM, only 1 string field is found called Common Files.

The version of Crystal Reports in server is 12.5.0.1190 [Crystal 2008]

Thanks,
Mani.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a note for users of Crystal Reports 2010 for Visual Studio 2010, that the registry key you need to update for 2010 is:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf\UsePrecisePositioningForText = 1

We spent a long time investigating this, and this current forum post kept coming up in the search engines! So I thought I'd add that snippet here, in the hope it helps someone else!

0 Kudos

Thank you for the update...

And for anyone else and all future versions the registry keys will always be the updated Version "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\" but the trailing part "Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf\UsePrecisePositioningForText = 1" will always stay the same.

This is true for all or Crystal Reports Registry keys in both HKLM and UKCU.

And for previous and future versions. Depends on when the key was introduced so some key may not work in earlier versions.

One thing to keep track of is if you apply any patches or manually add registry keys to your distribution or for local use you need to update the REG file with the new version.

Thank you

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on Jan 9, 2011 9:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

OH MY GOSH you just saved my life! I spend a lot of time with it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We too have similar problem. We use a web based software that downloads the viewer as activex. We get different font sizes in different systems when same report is exported to PDF/printed. In some machines, if the report is printed directly to printer, it gets printed in big fonts; however, if exported to PDF and printed, it gets printed in smaller fonts.

I do not know if the viewer is housed on the server or on the local machine. In the local client registry, I only can find the Business Objects folder in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and not in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder. In HKLM, only 1 string field is found called Common Files.

The version of Crystal Reports in server is 12.5.0.1190 [Crystal 2008]

Thanks,
Mani.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my post here:

and choose if you want to continue here, or on the other Discussion...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada