cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import cost accounting data for Fixed Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My Chinese customer is trying to import FA master data information.

On the import template we cannot find the fields where I can populate the cost accounting information. We need to import the Dist.Rule info.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Revital

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Revital,

Unfortunatedly, the structure of the import fixed assets master data in the Add-on Fixed Assets is designed to import legacy data

(accumulated values from the past) and basic definitions for the asset that are not to due to changes in the middle of fiscal year (asset class, start depreciation date etc).

Cost center and Projects are designed to have a flexible validity date, that might be different for the same asset in the same fiscal year or extend half way on a future fiscal year.

In example: from January 2010 to march 2010: profit center 1 , from March 2010 to June 2010 (no project or profit center) and from June 2010 to September 2011, profit center 2 and project B

In this schema, its not currently possible to use the functionality of import in Fixed Assets for cost accounting, the same way that cannot be used to enter singular transactions

The functionality of using import functionality for anything that can change in the middle of a Fiscal year (Transactions,cost accounting) is not available.

Kind regards

Jose Antonio Castillo

SAP Business One Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Jose.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue had never solved yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can insert the distribution rule by SQL, the table name for distribution rule is @BA_OOCR and @BA_OAMD for the master data. What I did, during import of FA master data, I populated User01 w/ the profit center. then after importing you can create insert statement by using the 2 UDTs above. Hope this will help.

Edited by: Jojo on Jan 6, 2011 11:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jojo,

I'm curious on the method that you did, is there any implication to the integrity of SAP B1 standard tables and relationships that when you're going to use the create an insert function through SQL will it compromise the database structure itself or void the warranty that SAP support will check if future error occurs?

Regards,
Zeus