Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Display of interactive alv ALV using CL_GUI_ALV_GRID

Private_Member_49934
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a strange problem. I am using CL_GUI_ALV_GRID for displaying alv. It was supposed to be an interactive alv. The first screen(100) was displaying some header details. I implemented the double click event for the display wherein i called screen 300. Now I see the Title bar of screen 300. Here I am displaying the alv using the different object of cl_gui_alv_grid . But I see two overlapping alv tool bar( from the screen 100 ???) and instead of the data I see a blank custom control area.

But when I click any alv toolbar ( Say Sort or something ) It refreshes the display and I am able to see the display.

Also if the click the second overlapping alv toolbar It again refreshes the display and I am seeing the details of screen 100 though from system-> status I see it still is screen 300.

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important >> I am stuck up. I have done this kind of interactive alv b4 but don't know what's wrong this time.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks ,

KG

Edited by: Kumar Gaurav on Oct 28, 2010 7:51 PM

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Oct 28, 2010 1:55 PM

4 REPLIES 4

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

Even without having seen your coding I am almost sure that you make the CALL SCREEN '0300' within your event handler method for event DOUBLE_CLICK.

If you would follow the advice in blog

[Against All Odds - Programming of Communicating (S)ALV Grid Controls|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/21504] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

your problem will end in smoke.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hey Uwe,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying with the method given in your blog. I copied and debugged your sample code. My only question is what would I do in case I have elements other than just alv in the second screen? Is there any want to using docking container in that case also?

Thanks and Regards,

Kumar Gaurav

0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

In this case you need to add a CUSTOM CONTROL element on your screen an mention this container name when calling the LINK method: [LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f5/4f6e0a9f2511d295cc00a0c930660b/frameset.htm]

call method container->link
  exporting
    repid = repid
    dynnr = dynnr
    container = container  " name of your custom control
exceptions
    cntl_error = 1
    cntl_system_error = 2
    lifetime_dynpro_dynpro_link = 3.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Uwe,

Just adding to that, a small query related to this overlapping ALV.

I am doing an interactive ALV, but when I click on each of the records obtained in my alv, I am stuck with a similar problem, i.e. I can see the toolbar of my calling screen(the alv screen), and I see an empty screen in the main space(under the toolbar).

Now, I am not calling a transaction or a screen from inside the double click event method, but I am calling a function module(APPL_LOG_DISPLAY_WITH_LOG_NO) which is suppose to take me to the particular log number in the transaction SLG1, from the chosen double-clicked log number.

Now, is this a problem with the function module or what is exactly happening.

Please throw some light.

Many Thanks

Raghu