cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Excel issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am experiencing some issues while trying to connect a BPC for office client in BPC 7.5 SP4. After a succesfull installation, the machine which is going through the client diagnostic tool without a problem, is not able to connect to BPC. What I do is I launch the application from the launch page (this is reachable), and then try to connect to a server. However, before I am able to present the login details for the user, I receive the following message:

"The system cannot connect to the (HTTP://xxx.x.xxx.xx Application server. Verify that you have specified a Valid Application server name, or see if the application server is unavailable at this time."

It only happens on machines with office 2003 (well, I have not yet experienced it on office 2007). If I look into the log file which is created by BPC, this is giving the following message:

#2.0 #2010 11 01 12:34:11:999#+8:00#ERROR#ThickClientAuthHelper##EPM-BPC-MS##70cd4e24-85cd-41ed-84a8-cdcf7b6cfe3c###ThickClientHelper::LogOnWithDC()#########Plain##[LOG ID:22]System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception. ---> <CrtImplementationDetails>.ModuleLoadException: The C++ module failed to load during process initialization.
 ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MSVCR80.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at _encode_pointer(Void* )
   at _initatexit_m()
   at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.InitializePerProcess(LanguageSupport* )
   at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport._Initialize(LanguageSupport* )
   at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at <CrtImplementationDetails>.ThrowModuleLoadException(String errorMessage, Exception innerException)
   at <CrtImplementationDetails>.ThrowModuleLoadException(String , Exception )
   at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize(LanguageSupport* )
   at .cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at OSoft.Consumers.Common.AuthHelper.WSClientProtocolWrapper.StartRequet(HttpWebRequest req, Uri uri)
   at OSoft.Consumers.Common.AuthHelper.WSClientProtocolWrapper.GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
   at OSoft.Consumers.Common.AuthHelper.WebService.wsSystemConfigService.GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at OSoft.Consumers.Common.AuthHelper.WebService.Proxy.SystemConfigService.SystemConfigService.Logon(String UserName, String Password)
   at OSoft.Consumers.Common.AuthHelper.ThickClientHelper.LogOnWithDC(String ServerName, Boolean IsHTTPs, Int32& StatusCode, String& ErrorMessage)#

What I have already done:

- Turn on and off proxy server.

- Installation and login with admin user.

- Installation and login without antivirus.

- Login with and without proxy server.

- SAP Note 1378085

- SAP Note 1383557 cannot be applied, as the appinfo.xml file is not created.

- SAP Note 1481347

- Server and client version are identical

What is strange, is that for some users it works, and for some it does not. However, not everyone in the company has the same laptop, so there could be an explanation. Are there maybe some excel addins that cannot be used in combination with BPC 7.5? I uninstalled for example Live Meeting addin for one user, but this also did not fix the problem.

Hopefull someone has an idea what would be next steps/usefull solutions!

With kind regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Try to install this one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&dis...

and it should come also with dll 'MSVCR80.dll'

Regards

Sorin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

thanks so much for your answer, this completely solved the problem!

With kind regards,

Tim Vierhout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I installed the vcredist_x86 update. The error raises again. Has anyone another solution to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone resolve this issue?

I have tried all the SAP note fixes and nothing has worked.

What makes it strange for us is that the BPC client is working on most PC's and laptops. It's just one type of laptop where we see this error. There must be a dll or something missing from the build for this laptop but I can't find it.

When I get this error there are no log files created so I can't see why it's failing.

Thanks,

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP note 1863104 helped me resolve this issue.

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi You have to try the follow things:

1. open a cmd line run as administartor

navigate till C:\Windows\System32

execute regsvr32 MSVCR80.dll

2. IIn some PC you can have something like Acer eDataSecurity add-in.

To solve the issue: Open Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlo ok\OAddin.Addin

Change the LoadBehaviour to be 0.

If you don't find MSVCR80.dll then that's means a windows update or something else delete this dll.

Regards

Sorin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

thanks for your answer. I have checked, and the MSVCR80.dll is not there in Windows/System32. So this means it was deleted right.

So I think we have to find this dll somewhere, where can we find this file or how to get it back when it was deleted?

With kind regards,

Tim Vierhout