Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid_jobdata when submitting job with rfc user

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a function module in the erp system to remotly trigger a report program by a bw prossess chain.

When running in the forground it works fine, but the runtime is so long that I want it as a background job.

So I call job_open, job_submit, job_close in the function module. When I test the function module in the erp system with my dev user it opens a new job, adds a step and release correctly. It also runs fine if I intercept it in the debugger and change sy-uname to aleremote (the standard rfc user).

It does not work when it's acctually called rfc from the bw system. The job is opened, but job_submit throws invalid_jobdata.

Could this have anything to do with rfc or the executing user (which is of type SYSTEM)?

2 REPLIES 2

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check the RFC user type and also authorizations for this RFC user .

Check for dumps if any in ST22 in the remote system.

0 Kudos

I've caught the execption so there is no dump, but I'm unable to determine why the function module job_submit gives invalid_jobdata only when the executing user is the aleremote user and only when the call originated (the call to my module) from a remote system (the module job_submit is called locally thru my module). Authorization for the user is sap_all, but I was woundering maybe the user type system could be a problem?