Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object L_LGNUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to restrict a user from doing a certain 'thing' and am looking for your help.

In Warehouse Management we are confirming Transfer Orders in Two steps. I want the user that does the first step, not to be able to confirm the second step.

In GUI mode this would be done with transaction LT12 for both the first and second step.

In RF mode we do this with LM05 for the first step and LM06 for the second step.

In table LTAP-ENAME the system writes the name of the user of the first step. In table LTAP-QNAME the user name of the second step.

So far I have removed in object L_LGNUM the destination Storage Type (which is part of the second step).

This was to no avail. I must admit that this storage type is not part of the verification process, i.e. it does not need to be verified/scanned, but still I would expect the user being blocked from confirming a document with this storage type.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt that you will be able to achieve your goal using standard authorization objects. There are many user exits in WM module so just ask functional consultant if she knows about suitable user exit. Basically, you need to exclude TOs which have been confirmed with same user name.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Check the below link which has clear information on usage of the authorization object related to WM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/c6/f839e84afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

I recommend you to verify whether you are applying the correct restrictions. If the issue still persists, revert to this thread, so that I can replicate and try to provide you a solution.

Warm Regards,

Raghu

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt that you will be able to achieve your goal using standard authorization objects. There are many user exits in WM module so just ask functional consultant if she knows about suitable user exit. Basically, you need to exclude TOs which have been confirmed with same user name.

Cheers