cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start SAP training and get experience in Saudi Arabia?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Mentors:

I study at Al-Yamamah University in Riyadh pursuing the career of Business Administration in Finance. I was chosen from my University for University Alliance program in 2009 in UAE. Since, the information gap in Saudi Arabia is comparatively large - I want to know whether there are institutes in Saudi Arabia and particularly in Riyadh for training in finance modules. I want to get FI certification after my graduation and I would like to know, how should I start and/or weather there are distance learning program where I can get registered for training and certification.

Similarly, for my first job hunting there are no vacancies available in Saudi Arabia in the search list. I talked to Jeff Word during the university alliance program and his suggestions were that before getting training for a particular module - look for a company which offers SAP programs. However, there are no listing available for companies offering Job in finance sector. Please, let me know what should I do before I graduate next year in February and where should I go for SAP training and certifications.

Yours Truly,

Umair Jafri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For learning SAP, I suggest you to use simulators such as Michael Management or sap-easy. They are both good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations Umair on your graduation from YU

And there are companies within Riyadh who are both SAP's customers and partners such as Ejada Systems, ILS, Al Bilad Arabia, Arete Global, HSA, etc.

Feel free to drop me a note via email to angelo.embuldeniya @sap.com and I will be happy to put you in touch with the right contacts at SAP Saudi Arabia who will be able to advise you in terms of career opportunities while giving you an insight into our partners and customers within Riyadh.

Best wishes for a successful career ahead!

fim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umair,

You don't see relevant opportunities in job portals as the hiring process isn't yet mature; companies do hire the local talent and they prefer to hire fresh graduates and develop them for their long-term SAP commitments. In Eastern Province, ARAMCO, SABIC, SEC etc implemented SAP and they developed their teams.. Western Province has on-going implementations and by time you graduate, you may find more SAP customers looking to hire junior consultants. I didn't hear of a large number of SAP Customers in Riyadh though SAP regional office is there. In Suburbs of Riyadh there are few companies though which are running SAP for long time; one of those company was SPIMACO.. In my 5 years of experience in Kingdom, I've seen many fresh graduates who developed themselves as SAP Consultants. I hope you would also be one such consultant in a year to come, Insha Allah

And about the Certification, you may contact Naizak who provides SAP Trainings & Certification. www.naizak.com is the website to find out more about Naizak..

Good luck,

Faisal - SAP HCM Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umair,

I'm probably not the most qualified person to be answering (current student in USA) your question but I will at least share with you my opinion.

Since you are studying Business Administration, I'm sure you have knowledge in much more than just finance. You could possibly look for other SAP positions rather that just the FI/CO area. This could help get your feet wet in working with SAP. Once you have that practical SAP experience you will surely be a much more qualified candidate for a FI position once you see some openings.

At this time you could be studying on your own time to take an FI certification while working!

Hope it helps,

Kevin