cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IO231: Stock data of serial number &1 not suitable for movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have unique problem with serialized material posting.We are having serialized managed materials which are posted to quality inspection stock.The user was able to post partial quantity to unrestricted after usage decision but when tried to post remainig quantity it is giving error 'IO231: Stock data of serial number &1 not suitable for movement".I checked serial number history in iq02 & it shows that same serial numbers were used for some order in the past which is already delivered.I am not able to understand how it allowed to post same serial numbers again for the same material and if it is normal why it is giving above error when we try to post remaining quantity?

I tried by changing serial profile in the material master with all optional fields and without stock check and equipment and try to post but its not working.

I want to somehow post material to unrestricted use from quality inspection with or without serial numbers.

I am working on 4.7 system

Can u guys help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this SAP Note: 213861, 1229108

From Note 213861

Release 4.0A or 4.0B:

Table T156S

Maintain the data using Transaction SM31.Flag for transport using Transaction SE16.

All entries for movement types 645 and 647 should be filled with '****' in field T156S-VRGNG.

Release 4.5A or 4.5B:

Table T156S

Maintain the data using Transaction SM31.Flag for transport using Transaction SE16.

All entries for movement types 645, 647 and 675 to 678 should be filled with '****' in field T156S-VRGNG.

Release 4.6A to 4.6C:

Table T156SY

Maintain the data using Transaction SM30 using view V_T156SY.If necessary, manually flag for transport in this transaction.

All entries for posting string references 645 or 647 should be filled in field T156SY-VRGNG_S or T156SY-VRGNG_H with '****'.

For Note 1229108

A correction instructions has given Please take help from BASIS Team....

This will solve the Problem...

Regards

GK.

Edited by: Gnana Kumar on Nov 3, 2010 7:16 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gnana,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I checked the note 1229108 & found it is released for version 6.0 and above where as i am working in 4.7, will it be applicable to 4.7?

and i am having problem in stock transfer from quality to unrestricted i.e. movement type 321.

In the note it is mentioned that problem only occurs if no issuing storage location is specified in the order can you please tell me which order it is referring to and where can i find this field?

thanks & regards,

Sachin.

Edited by: Sachin Tulsidas Naik on Nov 3, 2010 7:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this SAP Note: 684326, if this dosent solve your problem raise a Customer Message to SAP in Service marketplace.

Regards

GK.