cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a dynamic Transparent container in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i' ve created a Transparent conatiner in where i will write my text, i also created a Button (ADD)

what i want now is, after clicking on the (Add) Button, a new Transparent container will appear,

how can' I do this dynamically?? i dont want to create 10 or 20 transparent container in my main view, i want to create only one, and after clicking on the Add Button, an other one will appears,

is there a way or any method to do this?

thank you all for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You could refer the below thread. [thread|]

all the code required to do things dynamically has to be inside wddomodifyview method of that particular view.

Since you want that on a click of a button you would like to add a new transparent container, you could create a varible of type wdy_boolean under attributes tab of the view and onaction associated with the button you change that value and you write the code for transparent container in wddomodifyview, and before that could you could have a if statement if variable value is true you would run the below code.

Regards

Anurag Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replay,

the objective of my task, is to write a text (it can be till 20 or 70 word) in this Transparent Contrainer after using Textedit,

and i dont know if the row repeater can do this , the row repeater can not hold more sentances ,

and the task is exactelly like what we are doing know, i am posting a thread, you come and klick on Replay, you post me an answer, somebody eles come and post an other answer, this waht i want do via WD, and i dont know if the row repeater can do this

Best Regards

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Would you please share the solution, if you find it, i have the same problem too

BR

Natalie

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the row repeater is working fine, jujst try it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all , Problem resolved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thoams,

Have you thought about using a row-repeater UI element instead of resorting to dynamic UI programming? Supporting anything coded dynamically is the bane of my existence and I would strongly suggest to anyone considering doing it to check and ensure that there is not another way of handling the requirement.

Given that you seem to want to repeatedly create the same element - a row repeater would seem to make sense. And it's an awful lot easier to understand what is going on when you have to support it down the track

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the ROW_REPEATER is not working in this case

Best Regards