cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value adjustment in asset explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1) May I know any other transaction that have figure updated in value adjustment field besides transfer, retire?

2) May I know it is the accum depreciation value updated in value adjustment or depreciation updated in value adjustment.

3) when do asset transfer or retire, acquistion cost will affect APC transaction field. correct? sender asset cost drop and receiver asset cost goes up.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value adjustment field in the Asset Explorer is always used when there is an adjustment in depreciation values to be made in a posting.

If you post a complete transfer of an asset to another asset, then you will see that the sending asset is retired, no netbook value will be on the asset. Any depreciation already posted stay on the sending asset and a value adjustment is posted for the remaining depreciation. Equally, on the receiving asset you will find a value adjustment posting for depreciation that was already posted in the sending asset.

I would advise you test and post a retirement or transfer of an asset, and see what adjustments the

system is posting on the asset. If you have already posted depreciation on an asset, you will see that

when retirement / transfer is made, that this will also trigger a value adjustment posting.

Value adjustments are mainly done for retirements and transfer postings.

Best is to test different scenarios for your better understanding.

I hope this helps to clarify.

With best regards,

Brigitte

Answers (0)