cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Index outside the bounds of the array" error when Importing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to load a transaction file with 12+ months of data in each transaction record via the standard BPC Import process.

When attempting to do this, I am getting an error message stating, u201CIndex was outside the bounds of the array.u201D

I have researched this issue extensively on the Forums and I have yet to see a solution posted that allows me to fix whatever is causing this issue. I have checked the SAP Note 1444024 and rebuilt my Transformation file but I am still receiving the same error.

The data loads fine if I choose just one time period to load, but when I try to process any number greater than one, the error occurs.

The transaction file is a comma-delimited text file with headers and actually contains 36 months of monthly forecast data + 58 periods of Yearly forecast data. I have not yet tried to load all 94 periods of data, I am just trying to get the first 12 loaded.

I am running BPC for Microsoft Release 7.5.104.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there...

I had a similar issue. Maybe the solution I found can help you.

At first my import went well. Later on I change a dimension in my Application. I also change my transformation files and so on. However, I now received the error when trying to import data via DM-Package.

I used "replace and clear". When I then switched to "merge" it worked. As I do not want to use "merge" I had to find the reason.

I found it in the settings of the datamanager package.

I found that under "modify package" --> "dynamic package script" --> "task" --> Property "select from task" was still my old dimension included instead of the new one.

I changed to the new one. Now the package works also fine with the "replace and clear" Option.

Maybe this can help somebody.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys

i got the same issue

Thanks

Regards

Narsi

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should also check the format of your ASCII flat file. It could be that there is a strange character at the end of some lines, such a square symbol, which will prevent the import to perform well...

If the problem doesn't come from your flat file, that means, either your transformation or conversion files aren't setup correctly.

For example, do not mention empty cells in a conversion file, for example.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was originally using "merge".

I have rerun all of my test scenarios using "clear and replace" and I continue to get the same error.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Anthony

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error could come from the option you choose when importing data ("Merge" option or "clear & replace").

Just try by choosing the other option.

Hope it will help.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also stuck up with same problem. Have you resolved the same?

if yes please help

thanks

devender rawat