cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order stock to unrestricted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In MTO scenario, creation of production order is based on sales order. While doing GRN it is going to sales order stock. Is there anyway to post directly to the unrestricted usage?

For this what are the prerequisities?

Anybody plz help me?

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my thinking, it is not possible in standard SAP, as your production is against the

sales order. If you want to post the stock order stock in the unrestricted stock, you can do it

by stock transfer within location using t-code:MB1B, here select the movement type 411E and

maitain the sales order and its order qty and save, your sales order stock will be moved to

unrestricted stock.

Please check and revert.

Thanks,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Im not clear on why you want to post th stock to unrestricted.

IN MTO,goods are manufactured for a particular customer and the planning copies the requirements from sales order.

Once the processing is completed,the goods are picked from sales order stock for completing the delivery and billing.

Here if reqired you can transfer the stock to unresticted manually after the GRN is posted.

This can be done in MIGO,transfer posting using the movement type 413.By doing this the requirement of the sales order will not be closed and it will be available for planning.

Regards,

Joseph Charles Vaikathussery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my scenario is Make to stock also. PIR with characteristics planning is not possible in Standard SAP. I tried and i didnt get. So, i'm planning to create CIR. So, with that CIR we can post stock into Sales order stock. After GR i need to transfer. Is there anyway to post directly to Unrestricted.

Exact planning of characteristics wise will be done with APO.

Naren

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

If you have maintained dependent requirement as Individual (1) or collective (2) in material master (MRP 4). After MRP run, if material is having individual requirement then PR and PO of such material will contain account assignment as M (Ind. cust. w/o KD-CO).

If u remove this account assignment then after making GRIN stock will be posted directly as unrestricted stock but note that by doing this in next MRP run system will again generate PR for that account assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all.

Hi Deepak one doubt. I'm maintaining 2 in MRP4 view. If i remove the account assignment in next MRP run, it will create Purchase requistion instead of Production order. Is It? can u explain.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Im not sure whether this will work with your scenario,

Please try this.When you make a GR,in MIGO under "where" tab select the stock type manually to "unrestricted stock"

This will post the stock to unrestricted use.

Regards,

Joseph Charles Vaikathussery