Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWDS 7.2 Unable to connect to update

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the SAP NWDS link, I have downloaded the 7.2 software. I have also provided the required jre folder and configured the JVM.

Now, when i try to find and install the updates I obtain an error "Unable to connect to the policy url https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/720/policy.xml". The same url is accessible on the browser but asks for S-user ID.

The network connections is set to "direct connection to internet"

Kindly let me know how to resolve this issue to install the updates.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I don't know what went wrong at upload, I upload it again.

I remember I tried to set up proxy with ssl in an intuitive way in the past, and it never worked, only if I proceeded as you can see on the screenshot. I attached it again.

Let me know the outcome of this please.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Message was edited by: Ervin Szolke

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

As innocuous as it may look, the solution works. Thak you.

As a suggestion, you should create a WIKI or blog with the solution and the possible reason behind it. It could be because of the system behind the firewall and office network.

Ill also investegate the solution.

Regards,

Sharath M G

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, but I don't see the screenshot.... Maybe someone can attach it again or describe me the exactly configuration.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have the same problem since a few days. Unfortunately, your workaround doesn't solve it in my case. I opened a new thread for it (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3211734). Eclipse doesn't ask me for the S-user if I configure a "dummy" proxy as you suggested. I then get a Connection Refuesed error (becuause of that?). Any idea how to overcome this? I am using NWDS CE 7.1 SP14 but tried it without luck with a freshly installed 7.11 SP09 as well.

Thanks in advance,

Philippe

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've attached the screenshot again. I hope this time it is possible to display it on your end,

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I am facing the same issue. I tried the settings which is shown in the screen shot.

Do we need to provide the S-User and password in the enable proxy authentication after the Manual settings?

Appreciate your help to fix this. Thanks.

Regards,

Senthil Kumar S.

0 Kudos

Hi, Senthil Kumar S.!

Did you resolve your problem? And how?

Best regards,

Valeriy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valeriy

Which NWDS and Java Version are you using?

At least for NWDS 7.1 you  need to make sure that it is using Java 6 (1.6), not 7 (1.7.)

Philippe

0 Kudos

Hi, Philippe!

I tried to use NWDS 7.2 (becouse our NW CE has version 7.2).

But I could not install new fiatures (how it's described in Installation Guide) after installing base part of NWDS. Playing with proxy settings hadn't brought the results. (Although I have direct connection to the Internet).

I have uploaded SAP JVM 6.1 from SPM: Support Packages and Patches->My Company's Application Components->My Company's Software->SAP NETWEAVER CE->SAP NETWEAVER CE 7.2->Entry by Component->NWDS Update Site->SAP JVM 6.1.

Best regards,

Valeriy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valeriy

What you mean by “I had uploaded SAP JVM 6.1”? You mean downloaded?

Actually as far as I know you just need the Sun (Oracle) JDK 1.6. Then modify the file  SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini in the NWDS directory and add on the >first< line the following >two< lines:

-vm

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_37\bin\javaw.exe

Of course, pointing to the path where your JDK 1.6. is located.

However, I don't know if that solves your problem. It's just a guess. Also, I'm using NWDS 7.1.1. In doubt, install the software on a Win XP PC or any other PC at home and try to do the updates there. If it works, you can just copy the installation folder from your HD to the the PC where it didn't work.

Best Regards

Philippe

0 Kudos

Hi, Philippe!

Your advise about JDK from SUN has helped me. Thank you very much!

(I didn't need in proxy setting).

Best regards,

Valeriy.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the attachment I've added. Please set up your NWDS exactly in the same way as you can see on the screenshot, then this error will disappear.

Cheers,

Ervin

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

Thank you for your support so far but I am unable to open the attachment. I tried to download the image to local machine but was unabel to get the image.

Kindly assist me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharath

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no special thing there.

just set your proxy correctly for nwds, and use that proxy for ssl connection

ch_loos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have trouble accessing the SMP update site, you can also download the content and set up a local update site mirror. Check the install guide for how to do this.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the update site can be accessed only via https, so you need to ensure that in nwds preferences you set up the proxy in the way that you enter "proxy" and "80" to the SSL field. Then it shall work. Do you receive also an error like "premature end of file" ? You can check the ".log" file in the ".metadata" folder of your NWDS "workspace" which can serve with some extra details what is exactly happening when you try to connect to the update site. Unfortunately however the update site can be accessed only via https, the default settings in the preferences (afaik it is under "network connections") is delivered without the SSL settings. Later if I am in the office and you still got some difficulties, I attach a screenshot how exactly to set up that configuration, but I think after several attempts it should work.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies. I will check regarding the proxy details of the network.

@ Ervin: Yes, I recieve an error saying "premature end of file".

Regards,

Sharath M G

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I also think that there is something wrong with your proxy settings in the NWDS. NWDS uses its own settings, but is not re-using them from your web browser. Could you carefully compare the proxy settings in the NWDS and your web browser? Maybe there is also an issue with your firewall that it is blocking internet connections from other applications than your web browser.

Best regards,

Stefan

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sharath,

during the upgrade, are you asked to provide the S-user?

make sure the internet connection is ok.

Best regards,

John

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it never asked for the S-User ID. On the network connection, I am able to access the internet but when I try to ping the policy URL from NWDS - window->preferences->install/update it displays an error message. The message says unable to connect, configure your network connection.

Regards,

Sharath

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are never asked for the s-user, I think it is very likely there is some problem with your internet connection.

you have to put some proxy there.