cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

When I am changing price control from 'V' to 'S' or 'S' to ''V' the follwoing error messgae getting why? what could be the reason?

Could you please explain

Message Number M3160

"Price control cannot be changed (cost component split exists) "

Text

Price control cannot be changed (cost component split exists)

Diagnosis

Costing is active and has already been carried out for the current period. You can only change the price control to "Standard" if the moving average price and the standard price are identical.

Best Regards

Vijji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to know what a cost component split is, then you should ask your CO collegue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jurgen l,

I wnat how to change costing run Sami-fineshed Materials standard price , Please give me solution,

Thanks & Regards,

Veeraprathap.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

From standard price to moving average price --> You can make this change at any time. The moving average price replaces the standard price and is used for valuation from now on

From moving average price to standard price --> You cannot make this change in the following two cases:

1. If the material master record is set up as a valuation header record for a material subject to split valuation. Refer to SPlit Valuation for more information on this.

2. If the standard price comes from costing and is not equal to the moving average price

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virender Singh

THanks for your immediate reply

Could u please explain point number 2. I am so confused with this doubt.

I need some more information how to overcome?

Best Regards,

Vijji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijji

It says, if you material has a Moving Avg Price and costing is activated for this material. If Costing is Activated for this material, that may have a different costing price.....

In such situations if you try to change the Price COntrol from V to S, and the proposed New Standard price is different than the price in Costing for this material.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Useful answers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

because SAP desinged it that way, as a change of price control would cause inconsistecies in stock valuation, because SAP cannot create price change document from MM02 transaction

And SAP told you what to do:

Costing is active and has already been carried out for the current period. You can only change the price control to "Standard" if the moving average price and the standard price are identical.

this means you should change moving average with MR21 to equal the standard price, then you can change the price control from V to S

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Nov 15, 2010 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgon L

Thanks for your immediate reply and could you please elobrate the message deatils. And Each and every time we have to go MR 21 and equate the price.

I neef some more information clearly.

Thanks

Vijji