We are running SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 on MS SQL Server 2005 Release 9.00.3042 DB.
From this morning without install/update/change nothing, we have got on systemlog and trace data, lot of entries with this detail:
Database error 7719 at EXE
ExecuteAndFlush return code: 0x80040e14 Stmt: [ALTER PARTITION FUNCTION [/BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN0]() SPLIT RANGE (0000001009) ]
sloledb.cpp [ExecuteAndFlush,line 6678]: Error/Message: (err 7719, sev 0), CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maxim
Procname: [ExecuteAndFlush - no proc]
DbSlExecute - Error 99 (dbcode 7719) on DDLExecute
DbSlExecute - <ALTER PARTITION FUNCTION [/BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN0]() SPLIT RANGE (0000001009) >
dbdsmss: DBSL99 SQL7719
CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of 1000 partitions can be created.
***LOG BY2=> sql error 7719 performing EXE [dbds#2 @ 699] [dbds 0699 ]
***LOG BY0=> CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of 1000 partitions can be created. [dbds#2 @ 699] [dbds
***LOG BY2=> sql error 7719 performing EXE [dbacds#2 @ 893] [dbacds 0893 ]
On SE14 I found anything whit the name /BI0/F0SMD_PE2H table and function /BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN0. Check option was succesfully but indicates number of partitions =1000.
After look for any similar situation, I didn't found nothing except this SDN Thread: BI : msg " Database error 7719 at EXE " during loading Here the solution applied is not valid to our system because the OSS Note 1494789 - Enabling 1000+ partitions support on SQL Server is by SQL Server 2008 SP2 (not our version).
On OSS Note 1010854 - Table with too many partitions on SQL Server 2005/2008 I am not really sure about if the solution(symptom2) fits to our problem.
And on OSS Note Note 869407 - Partitioning on Microsoft SQL Server i didn't correct with tool RSDD_MSSQL_CUBEANALYZE because we don't have enabled the (vardecimal) compression.
Do you know how can I achive this error???
Thanks in advance!
By OSS Note 991014 (Vardecimal) Compression for SQL Server 2005 SP2 I have undertood I should use "BW compression" to reduce the number of partitions of the Infocube identified before.
Vardecimal compression is not enabled on our DB.
Wiht execution of RSDD_MSSQL_CUBEANALYZE report I can not repear this.....
How can I do this with MSSQL 2005 SP2 ???
Thanks again mates
I wondered if you would be able to elaborate a little on how exactly you resolved this? I have the EXACT same error occurring repeatedly in my Solution Manager system and this forum is the only detailed discussion of a fix.
I don't fully understand your last responce with regards to how you fixed the issue so any time you can spare to elaborate would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
We recently released SAP Note 1637822 which discusses the 7719 error message specifically when it occurs in SAP Solution Manager systems (see Issue and Solution 2 in the Note). SAP Solution Manager uses the SAP NetWeaver BW functionality in a different way than a pure BW system so there are some administrative tasks you absolutely must perform on an SAP Solution Manager system. This is true whether you have the 1000 partition limit or the 15000 partition limit.
The SAP Note will be updated whenever something specific for SAP Solution Manager on MS SQL Server arises.
Also, just as an FYI to everyone...we release SQL Server specific Solution Manager and CCMS (RZ20) Notes in the queue BC-DB-MSS-CCM. Be sure that you search for Notes with the component filter BC-DB-MSS* if you have an issue in one of those areas. If you specify only BC-DB-MSS then you will not get Notes from the subqueue.
Developer, Microsoft Platforms U.S.
Netweaver Development Tools
SAP Labs, LLC
I didn't received any notification about your answers...hope it arrives on time...
When i said "Solved by collapse infocube with more than 1000 partitions", was doing this:
SOLMAN, TCODE RSA1, locate the infoprovider which is appearing on the system log, then select Manage and go Request tab and check the number of the problematic request and go to collapse tab and release the Request ID in a job_name "BI_COMP" + request ID...
That worked for me....