cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it too hard to get into SAP FICO Job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just started a degree at Victoria University, Australia on Masters of Business ERP SAP. Is it too hard to get

into SAP FICO job?

Thanks

Shafiq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To get a job in the financials area of SAP I would expect that you would need a strong backsground in accounting before you add the rqeuired SAP knowledge. There is always a strong demand for FI/CO skills.

Regards

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul

Thanks a lot. My background is Accounting and i completed a degree from Central Queensland University on Accounting with excellent academic records.

But how can i compensate or match the experience requirement(The employers require experience on SAP)?

Regards

shafiq

Edited by: Rahamanshafiq on Nov 19, 2010 2:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope the original poster does not mind me high jacking his thread. I have a simular circumstance. I am doing my undergrad and have the option to complete TERP10 associate certification. I have 4.5 years of experience using Microsoft Navision and SAP in the Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable funcational areas.

(3) questions

What additional experience do I need to accumulate working as a Business Analyst in the FICO area?

Assume an entry-level position just out of university how much might I expect to earn? It would help if you can provide a earnings range.

Which pays more and which has more jobs: Business Analyst type positions or Technical Developer (ABAP) type positions?

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, functional side gets paid more than on technical side. (15-20 % difference in general)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my name is naga .  I am new for SAP FICO. For job searching with SAP FICO. is CO is mandatory . any one please clarify it.