cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Default A4 page size in WebI to 8 1/2 x 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a user creates a new WebI document on our BusinessObjects XI 3 (EDGE) system the default page size is A4. How do I change these default settings to that it will default to 8 1/2 X 11 (the U.S. standard).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it: SAP Note # 1365147 on SAP support site.

Symptom

I am trying to get my default layout of my documents to use Letter instead of A4.

Cause

By default, all Web Intelligence documents have the page size set to A4 and page orientation set to portrait.

Resolution

To resolve the issue, you'll need to make the following changes to the five xml files listed below the four steps.

Navigate to the defaultConfig.xml file in the Enterprise installation directory

Locate the <FORMAT NAME="A4" ORIENTATION="portrait"/> entry.

Modify this to <FORMAT NAME="LETTER" ORIENTATION="landscape"/>.

Save the file.

XML File locations:

Install Directory\Tomcat55\webapps\AnalyticalReporting\webiApplet\AppletConfig\defaultConfig.xml

Install Directory\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\AnalyticalReporting\webiApplet\AppletConfig\AppletConfig\defaultConfig.xml

Install Directory\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\warfiles\WebApps\AnalyticalReporting\webiApplet\AppletConfig\defaultConfig.xml

Install Directory\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\warfiles\WebApps\AnalyticalReporting\webiApplet\AppletConfig\AppletConfig\defaultConfig.xml

Install Directory\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Web Content\InfoViewApp\AnalyticalReporting\webiApplet\AppletConfig\defaultConfig.xml

NOTE: The defualt layout of Web Intelligence documents is now modified.