cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net 4 install, CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi has changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the production release of Crystal reports yesterday for .net 4. I had not previously installed any betas on this machine.

I created an install msi just using the visual studio deployment project, in the prerequisites I selected 'sap crystal reports runtime engine for .net framework 4' and also selected download from vendors web site.

I have done this previously with the .net 3.5 and the crystal report for vs 2008 and all worked fine but now with .net 4 version when i try to install on a client it downloads then I get the error,

Setup has detected that the file 'C:\DOCUME1\VIRTUA1\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD2.tmp\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi' has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup.

hard to think it's changed since the releas was only a few days ago...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as above.

Interestingly, I couldn't get the bootstrapper pre-requisite to work with my setup and deployment project (without warnings), without editing the Product.xml manifest file:

I had to change:

<RelatedProducts>
    <DependsOnProduct Code="Microsoft.Net.Framework.2.0" />
    <DependsOnProduct Code="Microsoft.Data.Access.Components.2.8" />
</RelatedProducts>

to

<RelatedProducts>
  <DependsOnProduct Code="Microsoft.Net.Framework.3.5.SP1" />
  <DependsOnProduct Code="Microsoft.Data.Access.Components.2.8" />
</RelatedProducts>

because it was complaining about not having the .NET Framework 2.0 pre-requisite (which isn't available in VS2010 by default).

Incidentally, if you swap the installed "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0" folder out of your "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages" directory and replace it with the Click-Once download from http://www.businessobjects.com/jump/xi/crvs2010/us2_default.asp, you get a warning about different product codes whilst building your setup and deployment project. This could be part of the same problem experienced by jezanet (i.e. the product codes are different between the manifest and the EXEs themselves) - we could potentially fix this by manually updating the Product.xml file again to set the correct product codes?

I'm going to try this now... (If I can find the correct codes..)

EDIT: Actually, what I thought was a message to do with product codes was actually to do with the PublicKey attribute:

Warning
The value of the 'PublicKey' attribute in 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework 4.0' does not match that of file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Crystal Reports Basic 2010\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi'.

Not sure where to go from here...

However, I have discovered that if you set up your project with the bootstrapper (which we know fails due to jezanet's message), but install the CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi (or 64-bit, as applicable) on your client machine before running the setup project for your application, the setup doesn't fail during the installation, and seems to work fine. At least it means a workaround is available at this point...

Edited by: wpcsoft_oc on Nov 19, 2010 11:09 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with Prerequisite not downloading correctly. Does anyone know a solution for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to find a solution, I thought that SAP might have made a comment or suggested a solution....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have still been unable to find a solution (although I haven't checked the online package since my last post). I had to do a customer installation yesterday and manually installed the Crystal Reports runtime by taking a copy of the bootstrapper MSI with me. This has worked fine, but it's not an ideal solution.

Please fix, SAP! Or at least give us some information?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if [this|; or [this|; thread helps.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked for me...Thanks for the reply.