cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Staging DSO in 0ic_c03 flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my current Inventory flow, stock data for 0ic_c03 cube is being updated by 2lis_03_bx, 2lis_03_bf, 2lis_03_um data sources. Now user wants to change the current flow by placing the DSO before 0ic_c03 for backup. Then data moves from 3 data sources to 3 DSOs for BX, BF and UM data sources and there to 0ic_co3 cube. Can anyone tell me How it works and How can we design the new flow. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

has your question been resolved. I want to do the same as you wanted. Please inform.

Thanks Patrick

umesh_pednekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Ideally it is not recommended to create a DSO in the Inventory scenario (specially the reason for which you wish to add the DSO... backup ????).

The reason for this is 0IC_C03 is a non-cumulative infoprovider. You will need to replicate the scenario in the 0IC_C03 for each of the datasource in the respective DSOs. This will also involve managing the opening stock and the marker (do you wish to do this or the DSOs are plain data targets?).

If you plan to use DSOs as plain data targets then you may wish to give it a try however, it is definitely a challenging task. I am not sure if this is done before (i haven;t for sure) but as put earlier replicating the scenarios as in 0IC_C03 could help. You will have to duplicate the transformations (oh...this is gonna be a real toughie, friend !!) too.

And by the way, why should a user decide on the BW modeling ? There are lot of other backup options available which can be deployed without challenging the existing technical design.

Cheers

Umesh