Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am a functional consultant and have some issues with sales order.

When I am creating a sales order and enter data like customer, material , quantiy etc and press enter ..... I get a error with the error message ZZ000.

I am trying to debug the sales order to understand how this error is occuring and on what conditions it is occuring.

So before pressing enter ...... I put /h and enter and goes in debugging mode ......

Here I am not able to understand how do I put break point at the error messages.

In menumbar there is a menu for break point followed by statements ... Can some one tell me how to put the breakpoint at the error message so that I can exactly go in the code where this message is set and on what conditions its appearing.

Many thanks

Screams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you select the Break Points at Satement a Pop up Box will be displayed there write the statement MESSAGE and press Enter or Tick mark in that screen and it will stop at all messages which will be displayed while creating the Sales Order. Try to concentrate on the statement MESSAGE ZZ(000) while debugging the code it will definetly stop there I guess this might be coming from the user exits MV45AFZZ or MV45FZB. Once you find this take the program name displayed in the top of the Debugging Screen (Source Code of) along with the line number in the right side.

And now go to transaction SE38 give this program name and go to line number and have a look at the logic or else ask any ABAPer to look at it why this meaage is being triggered.

Let me know in case of any.

Regards

SRinivas

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you select the Break Points at Satement a Pop up Box will be displayed there write the statement MESSAGE and press Enter or Tick mark in that screen and it will stop at all messages which will be displayed while creating the Sales Order. Try to concentrate on the statement MESSAGE ZZ(000) while debugging the code it will definetly stop there I guess this might be coming from the user exits MV45AFZZ or MV45FZB. Once you find this take the program name displayed in the top of the Debugging Screen (Source Code of) along with the line number in the right side.

And now go to transaction SE38 give this program name and go to line number and have a look at the logic or else ask any ABAPer to look at it why this meaage is being triggered.

Regards

SRinivas

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Many thanks for the information. I could find the program name and line number as mentioned by you. I went in se38 and entered the program name. How do I go to specific line number in that program. I know the question is bit stupid, but I am trying to learn.

Many thanks

Screams......

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you would have found the place from where the Message has been getting.

Once you are in the display mode of the Program in SE38...Place the cursor in the Editor Right Click mouse--->Goto Line No Else Scroll down to line number where the current Line Numbers will be displayed in the Right Bottom corner of the screen or Search for the statment MESSAGE ZZ(000) which you have seen in the Debugging Mode by Selecting the (Binocular) button in the Top of the Screen.

Regards,

SRinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ofter \h entered u will get the dubug window

in that u will have menu bar

break points-->breakpoint at->break point at statement

here u can enter liki MESSAGE

press enter

then u can press F8 it will stop when ever a message statement occur..

try like this....

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this information. It has made it much easier to determine the cause of an error a colleague was receiving, and will help very much in the future.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ZZ000 is a custom message. I suggest your find an ABAP programmer to do a where-used on the message. He can then, maybe, tell you where the message is. Otherwise, go into the debugger and create a watchpoint on sy-msgid, to trigger when its value is 'ZZ'. If you need to know how to do this, ask an ABAPper nearby, and he'll be able to show you.

An error ZZ000 is suspicious in my eyes. I'd guess the original programmer has written something like MESSAGE E000 WITH TEXT-001, instead of properly maintaining messages in the message class.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a watchpoint with sy-msgid = ZZ and sy-msgno = 000.

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: praveen reddy on Nov 24, 2010 9:28 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

The best option to stop at the place where the Message is triggered is by setting a Watch Point at sy-msgid = ZZ and sy-msgno = 000 after going into Debug mode as suggested by Praveen . This is a faster process when compared to other methods.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

M M Jaffer

0 Kudos

yes, watch point is the easy way to find the place where the error message is raised.

please use sap help to understand how to set a watch point.

0 Kudos

you can also use SE30 and perform a trace on the programm. don't aggregate the data so the whole flow is left as it is

then you can also find the exact location where the messages is raised

see

/people/olga.dolinskaja/blog/2009/12/11/abap-runtime-analysis-se30--how-to-analyze-abap-program-flow

for more info

kind regards

arthur

Edited by: A. de Smidt on Nov 24, 2010 5:09 PM