cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call variable in PCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo colleagues

----you may also put the operation PRINT under any line of the rule to check exactly what the rule is doing. this is the comment which made by Edoardo in another thread Call variable in PCR....

does your comment mean by adding operation PRINT (as a last line in any PCR) in any PCR (standard/custom) we can find out the PCR executions steps? where can we see this? is it in payroll log?? plz. expalin..... i want to identify the behaviour of standard/custom PCR.... which is the best way to understand the behaviour of the PCRs??

Cheers......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look a this example:

RTE=KZTACA

PRINT

MULTI RNA

PRINT

AMT*KGENAU

PRINT

AMT/&Z1

PRINT

AMT/KGENAU

PRINT

ADDWT *

PRINT

This is just a PCR I just invented. As you may see I put operation PRINT under any line of the rule. If you run the payroll with the log mode check and you go through your log and go where the PCR is you are going to notice that you are going to see step by step what the PCR is doing. Operation print would be like a debug.

About the variable check what Remi mentioned, and with operation print you can see if the variable is working ok.

Kind Regards,

Edoardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edoardo & Remi... you guys are excellent

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome...

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Payroll Calculation, temporary variables are sometimes used. These are usually created with operation ADDWT&xxxx , called back with operations RTE, NUM or AMT (as in RTE+& xxxx, NUM*& xxxx, AMT=& xxxx), and cancelled with operation ZERO=& xxxx. These operations are used in a PCR.

In your Schema, on a line before and after your PCR, you can use function PRINT with second parameter VAR to make these temporary variables accessible during debugging (through the Payroll Calculation Log/Protocol).

The temporary variable can hold a rate, a number and an amount, but it will never have any "splits".