cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

As we know GRC AC 10 is to be released in which lots of more features are available. I tried to search documents about it but couldn't find. If any documents/ SAP notes are available, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a few powerpoint slides on proposed functionality and migration approaches but there is nothing official from SAP since the system is not due to even start Ramp up until 13th December.

I have not seen much posted on the Solution & Support websites but most of my information has come directly from contacts with SAP i.e. the RIG, Solution Management and Customer Advisory Office.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Where did you find the power points on the propsed functionalities?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

What kind of information do you need? I will be involved in ramp up of AC 10.0. It is much better and complicated than AC 5.3.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks for your query, really appreciate it.

Actually in our company we have implemented all four modules in two divisions and are working in next two divisions to implement as well, but are still struggling with issues. As management point of view, this GRC AC tool is a must for authorization control, but users are facing a lot of issues and limitations and they find if more time consuming and giving little comfort.

There were lots of bugs in ERM so eventually we had to stop this module for a while.

One representative for SAP recently visited to understand ERM issues and why we are not using it, he acually informed about this upgrade version.

It is company management's interest that if upgrade with better functionalities and lesser issues is available they will consider for upgrade. We as a consultant, will try our best to propose the upgrade. But before doing it, we need to be convinced about features, limitations if any and other aspects before we go with this proposal. Any information about new functionalities, the technical pre-requisites and other information which can help us in making a decision will be helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

I totally agree with you. Due to the same limitations and reocrrurence of same issues in latest support packs, we decided to have a look at GRC AC 10.0. One thing I can tell you for sure is ERM 5.3 was very elementary and ERM 10.0 would be far far better than 5.3. I have not looked at it yet but I have seen lots of demos and the future definitely looks bright.

I am personally impressed with 10.0 and by the time it goes to GA, it would have evolved into a much better product.

GRC 10.0 is a big technial and functiona overhaul so it need significant effor from all the teams who were involved in 5.3.

Regards,

Alepsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh, if you find any helpful docs, please share with us.

Simon,

Where can we get those powerpoints?

Thanks,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

We are trying to install GRC 10.0 in our local server ... Could you please share the relevant docs and Power Points ..

Best Regards,

Manoj Maddukuri.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are currently running Live Experts Sessions on GRC 10.0. Please follow the link to register for the session. The recording and PDFs will be available after the presentation in the same website.

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001131252010E

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Is there a restriction on the number of people who can attend, I cant seem to register for some of these sessions.

Thanks,

Chinmaya

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chinmaya,

There are still free places in all sessions and registration should work, except obviously for the harmonization session (as it happened yesterday).

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Have the same problem as Chinmaya .

Not able to register to lot of sessions until here wa able to register to other sessions after Feb 14th

February 14, 2011; 5:00-6:00 p.m. (CET) Topic: What's new in Access Control - Highlevel Overview (Speaker: Ankur Baishya)

mike_roberson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Have the same problem as Chinmaya and Uday.

I also cannot access the PDF for the harmonization session.

Thanks,

Mike Roberson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been trying to get some server specs going for GRC 10 but as it is still in Ramp-up there isn't alot of documentation available. I'm a look for a similar document to the "Sizing SAP GRC Access Control, Version 5.3" where it speaks specifically to sizing guidelines per AC component as this speaks more specifically to numbers rather than the standard sizing guide.

Can someone who is currently in ramp-up or is planning GRC AC 10 or has come across better documentation then what can be found under service.sap.com/instguides please share possible hardware requirements.

As well is there any additional components tied into GRC AC 10 that was not previously as needed... for example BOBJ, Crystal Reports, Adobe forms, etc...

Thanks,

Ben Grobler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Currently working on the Ramp up project in Capgemini for SAP GRC Version 10.0,

The new version of SAP GRC Access Control is surely ABAP based and easy to install, i feel that SAP is made some good changes to make the software less complicated and easy to install.

SAP GRC Access Control 10.0 sits on SAP NW 7.02 SP 6 , the ABAP stack can be shared by SAP GRC Process Control & RM as well so considerable savings in resource. We still need a Java stack for Adobe forms and other UI needs. NW 7.02 ABAP went very smooth for me without any errors. SAP has also come up with very good documentation this time for the new version 10.0 and SAP Notes to support that are being released.

There is a webinar which will happen in month of Feb from SAP for Ramp up partners on SAP GRC 10.0

Shall keep you all posted on latest updates with 10.0 !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Did this client in ramp-up have to migrate over from a 5.x version? If so, what were your experiences on that?

Regards,

John Stephens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The Ramp up project is an internal one as of , SAP GRC version 10.0 is going to be released only by mid of 2011 for General Availability, we are currently only doing a direct setup of SAP GRC Version 10.0 without any migration/upgrade, later we will surely try to do that and see what are the technical difficulties faced. Of course the bigger challenge for customers using SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 is that the new SAP GRC Access Control 10.0 is ABAP based.

kunal kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the link, I am able to see the webinar recoder. Is there anyway to get the presentation?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aureline,

How can be aware of GRC seminars / Mentor sessions?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i am very surprised with the "rumors" of this new release. It is true that from 10.0 and on, it will be based in ABAP architecture?? Are there any documentation of upgrade from 5.3 to 10.0?? I have plenty of customers that won't be happy knowing that huge change!!!!! they will be upset!!!

If you have any documentation, briefings, whatever, i'll appreciatte it.

Kind Regards my colleagues!!!

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

the "SAP mentor monday webinar" about GRC 10.0 was yesterday 12-13-2010

on this link you can found the redifusion : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMentors/SAPMentorMonday

and here the direct link to see this presentation

https://sap.na.pgiconnect.com/p10862294

there is the powerpoint commented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

We are trying to install GRC 10.0 in our local server ... Could you please share the relevant docs and Power Points ..

Best Regards,

Manoj Maddukuri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know there will be a technical architecture change as new Access control version 10 will be based on ABAP architecture instead of Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon and SD.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.