cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast based planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hi maintained forecasting view for finished product. When i want to run the forecasting system is not taking previous seless oreder history. What are the settings required for this?

Regards,

Bhagavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In consumption based planning forecast is done based on history of material CONSUMPTION (e.g stock movements, issues), not sales history.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please Note the following parameters are to be maintained in MRP views in FBP

1.MRP1 : MRP Type : VV -Forecast Base Planning .MRP Controller : XXX Lot Size : EX .If u want to order Mini or Max order qty , u can enter that value here .

2.MRP2: Procurement Type : E/F/X based on the IH/External Prc or both , Service level Percentage : x% based on the service level of your busniess .This will be used in Safety Stock Calculation Automatically based on the setting you have done in customising in Check MRP Type -SPRO.If u tick Safety Stock in in cutomising -MRP Type , then it will calcualte the Safety Stock considering the service level percentage , MAD,Basic Values and Lead time in material master .

In MRP2 view , u have to key in Lead Time : Vendor Lead time to bring the item in store and GR processing time .It will be considered in Safety Stock Calcualtion in FBP.

3.MRP3 VIEW : Period Indicator ,:M/W based on your requirement.This will be getting copied to Forcating view in MMR

Availabilty Check Indicator: 01 , Planning Strategy : 40 or as applicable

4.MRP4 : Individual/Collective indicator : 2 or 1 or Blank ( having relevence if it MTO )

5.Forecasting View : Forecast Model , Initializing parametrs , Smoothing factors , Consumption values, Hist Period, Period per session , Control Data .

Now , if you Sales Order Consumption is not getting considered into Consumption , please check the Movement Type and check the below :

1.OMJJ -Select the Movement type -Enter the movement type 301, 302,311 individually .In Update Control tab , you will find Consumption field .Keep the consumption field Blank .

Finally you have to copy the Total Forcast in MD70 after exceuting forcast in MP38 beyond your planning horizon .After coping that this demand goes down to MD62 table .U need to make it blank so that it will not come to MD04.

System will consider the consumption update (planned or un-planned ) against Sales Order , Projects , Free Issues based on the setup in OMJJ as I have indicated and also the set up in SPRO-MRP- Check MRP Type (FBP-VV-Should be set in Total Consumption /Obligator Forecast ).

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haque,

In forecast based planning, system is considering only sales oreder deliveries. But my requirement is it should consider all the sales orders which are not delivered also. Is it possible with standard SAP or any user exit, work around supports for my requirement?

Thanks&regards,

Bhagavan.