cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update Table S024 got failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we are using sap 4.7 , While doing confirmation using transaction C011N , data's got updated correctly, but system showing below error, any OSS is there to resolve the issue and any other solution. .

SM21 logs shows following error for that particular user

Database error 1438 at UPD access to table S024

ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column

Run-time error "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR" occurred

Update terminated

Update key: 3EC87E7134594F85AA7FDC3A699BDA84

This error is coming for only a prod_pl1 user .

ST22 SHORT DUMP EROR

Runtime Error

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Except.

CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

BR,

sathx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Info structure S024 (work center analysis), aggregates the records of the info structure S022 (operation analysis) on work center level. With a max length of 7 characters, if there are a lot of entries with the same key to be aggregated in S024 (plant, work center), system will try to add these together. If this aggregation leads to a number larger than 7, you will get the overflow dump.

If you do not really require the work center analysis via S024, you can deactivate its updating with transaction OMOD as a short term solution.

Otherwise, you should verify your configuration and your usual approach of entering the times for orders, as a long term solution here. Perhaps you should use a different unit of measure

You can then perform a complete setup of S024 (via note: 64636) and check if all is fine. This will reload the data on the infostructure.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano

I am having the same problem. in OMOD I have update frequency setup to Monthly. However in the table s024 I see many entries with month = blank for some work centers.

When SAP updates the table it fails because the quantity overflows.

I deleted the entries with empty dates and SAP created entries again even the config is setup to create entries by month.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sathx

We have the same problem, but we are using ECC 6.0 SPS17

We see that the problem is that system intent to update fields Z_TAB, ZA_TAB & R_TAB with values larger than permited (overflow).

But, have no solve the issue yet.

I have read notes suggested for your case, but they don't apply to us..

If you resolve your problem, could you share solution??

Thanks!

Regards

Tania Moreno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same Problem in our ECC 6 SPS07 System,

when one of the user confirms Production orders in "CO15"

user would get an update failure express message once he confirmed a production order.

There would be ABAP Dumps in the system with Runtime Error "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR"

When checked for Update failures in SM13,there would be update warning with one of the function module remaining in "Initial" status.

Regards,

Edited by: Kaleem Baig on Jan 17, 2012 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with the SAP note 623564 & 64636.

Thanks & Regards,

V. Suresh