cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete changelog in process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a process chain i want to delete periodically the changelog for a 3.5 ods.

The problem is, that the changelog isn't getting deleted.

I created a 7.x dso and tried the deletion of changelog with this object. It worked well.

So my question, is it possible that i can't delete the changelog of an 3.5 ods with the new (since bw 7.x) process type?

Any suggestions how to automatically delete this changelog.

One solution may be to migrate the 3.5 ods to a 7.x dso?

Kind regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I faced the same issue in our system with - there were some change logs that were not being deleted.
This was due to the conversion from 3.5 to 7.0. The following steps were taken to resolve the issue.

Look in table RSTSODS for the DSO,
example: *ZPO_LPSL*

1. If the USERAPP field does not contain CHANGELOG, the change log data will not be deleted.
  2. If the field is blank, use ABAP
    program RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE to activate the DSO. This can be done in a closed
    system.
  3. That will put CHANGELOG in the USERPAPP field and allow the change log data to be deleted.
  4. Rerun your Change Log process chain and it should delete the change log data successfully

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188011
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias:

I know this is a very old thread, but I got here today when while searching for an answer to a similar issue.

For my case in particular, I found the solution in SAP Note 1618423 - "701SP11:New Changelog deletion variant doesn't work correctly", that is because of the software version and Support Package we have in our System.

I wanted to share this info here, just in case someboy else can benefit from this in the future.

Best regards,

Francisco Milan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SInce you are able to delete the data from DSO so I don't think you made a mistake in defining the process type. The process type does not make difference for the DSO type as it uses same class in the background...

May be you can raise a SAP message giving all your findings..

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Haas,

YOu can delete the change log with the new process types. are you getting any error message while trying to delete the change log table data .

Check the below link how to delete change log. check if you are missing any thing in your processchain.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a02ba9e7-bb6f-2c10-09b4-e86b9fcba...

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answers.

I created the process chain like the way mentioned in the document.

The feedback from the process type "delete changelog" is, that he doesn't find any request in the changelog. (3.x).

So the process doesn't delete the changelog.

My second changelog deletion process, but for a 7.x dso, finds a changelog request and deletes it. That's correct.

Kind regards,

Tobias

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you flag :

Delete Activation Requests Only; No Load Requests

Only activation requests (requests that begin with ODSR_... ) are deleted. No load requests are deleted.

it's the last flag under the dso icon.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried it with the setting :flags active

Now i have no flags active.

The 7.x changelog get's deleted, but the 3.x changelog not.

Kind reagrds,

Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Haas on Nov 30, 2010 2:56 PM

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check oss note 1232197?

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

but i don't receive an error.

I got the feedback that's the system can't find a request for deletion.

Kind regards,

Tobias