cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate IUCLID 5 data in to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently researching different options on how to populate substance data for a customer.

Currently I see three options for the creation of Pure substance:

- Purchase data from Technidata/SAP

- Migrate data from legacy system

- Migrate data from IUCLID 5?

Is there anyone who has experience in migrating IUCLID 5 substance data into SAP?

Could this be a valid option. I would be very thankful for any input to this topic.

best regards / Gustav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gustav

a.) the SAP Product and REACH Compliance Suite (based on SAP EH&S) contains now an interface IUCLID => EH&S; please refer to documentation of this product (just released version 2.0 to all SAP customers)

b.) the IUCLID5 format is XML based. XML data could be "processed" and imported using OCC (OPen Content Connetctor) which (If I remember corect) uses mainly XML file to do the import (you need to do something with the xml file so that you can ue OCC).

c.) the XML file of IUCLID could be processed by some external "parser" to generate a data load file of EH&S

IN any case. the EH&S data model and IUCLID data model (I believe IUCLID 5.2 is the recent version) is only 80% compatible (roughly). Therefore not all the data can be passed on between both systems in a "structured" way. IN the past several attemps have been started to have a "direct" EH&S <=> IUCLID interface without any progress (and success); the activities have been stopped (from my point of view) because now this interface is shipped with the SAP Product and REACH compliance Suite only)

It is recommened to check the property tree you are using. If you would like to have really this "80%" transfer (as mentioned above) in most cases a "delta" update of the tree is necessary.

Now coming back to your options:

- Purchase data from Technidata/SAP => there are more data provider providing EH&S related data (please make a survey in internet)

- Migrate data from legacy system => always an option

- Migrate data from IUCLID 5? (as mentioned above)

In any case: you need to understand the EHS& data model (property = class = contains characteristics of several types) On eof the major tasks is generaklly to provide a phrase catalog (passive) to map "phrases" from the XML file to the EH&S system

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Nov 30, 2010 9:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply. I have a follow up question:

When you purchase content from a vendor (SAP/3E) you get phrases mapped to substances?

best regards / Gustav

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gustav

sorry never answered your last question (don't no why)

When you purchase content from a vendor (SAP/3E) you get phrases mapped to substances?

=> . Answer:: depends on the service you are using

SAP has the trend to provide now Cloud solutions with SAP up and running for thos customers who are not wiilling to take care SAP implementation; and may be you can get on top service of data iomport. Please ask SAP to get feedback about current situation (as this changes from time to time)

C.B: