Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse_ALV_Grid_display background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am useing below code, where <dyn_table> is my dynamic internal table in which all the dynamic fields comes in to it.My requierment is that When I execute it in background, I'm only getting the one field, no others and when i execute in foreground all the filelds comes .Please assist how can do it.....

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

I_CALLBACK_PROGRAM = sy-repid

• I_BACKGROUND_ID = sdydo_key

IT_FIELDCAT = fieldcattab[]

I_SAVE = 'A'

TABLES

T_OUTTAB = <dyn_table>

EXCEPTIONS

PROGRAM_ERROR = 1

OTHERS = 2.

Thanks,

Ankur

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur,

just save an ALV variant with that one column and use it in background processing.

regards,

Edgar

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the following:

Whether fieldcat is filled properly

Check if there is any default variant attched for background display

Check the format etc.

You can go for SALV instead of this old option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally when executed in background the reports are not written as ALV but as normal reports to spool. You can debug your background job and check if the fieldcatalog is filled properly or not. To debug go to jobs(SM37) check the checkbox against the job u want to debug and type 'JDBG' in the command box. If the fieldcatalog is filled properly could be a problem in the output length or print parameters.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I checked my fieldcatlog table and save 1 variant still not working...Please assist..

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send bit of the code.

Usman Malik.