Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string_to_solix: Send Email to SAP Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using cl_bcs based functionality to send email to sap inbox with Excel attachment. Everything is Ok, the only problem is the data which I am getting for some fields got trimmed in excel. e.g in internal table i have '00001' and when I see the data in my generated excel sheet, its just '1'...leading zero's are gone.

cl_bcs_convert=>string_to_solix(
          EXPORTING
            iv_string   = lv_string1
            iv_codepage = '4103'  "suitable for MS Excel, leave empty
            iv_add_bom  = 'X'     "for other doc types
          IMPORTING
            et_solix  = binary_content
            ev_size   = size ).

I am using above mentioned method for conversion. I am using concatenate statement to move the data to lv_string1 inside a loop.

Could you please suggest the solution.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

former_member215781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Excel removes the leading zeroes by default. To retain the leading zeroes, add single apostrophe before the number

* Add single apostrophe in the variable
DATA: v_var TYPE C VALUE "'".

* Concatenate v_var to number field v_number
CONCATENATE v_var v_number INTO v_number.

0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

By doing this, my leading zero are back but single quote is displayed before my value. Please suggest how to get rid of this single quote.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

If you can see the single apostrophe, then that is the excel problem and you need to re-format cell in excel to text format or create a excel macro to format cell and text.

Select colum and then 'Ctrl' + 1. In the 'Number' tab, Number -> text

Apostrophe solution has worked for me so far. You can try it in excel. by entering '0001 and it will retain the zeroes without apostrophe. Apostrophe in excel is a way to retain the number as string in excel

You can even try the following. I have not used it, but you can tell us if it works too

[Truncate leading zeroes using REPLACE|http://www.sapdev.co.uk/reporting/email/attach_zeros.htm]

0 Kudos

Did you do some extra settings to get rid of apostrophe or it was automatically without this. Yes I know if I do it manually with apostrophe, it works. But when I pass thru the program - it would't.

I will try the other option and let u know.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

For me it works without any settings. But I know that it did not work for some people and they had to format their excel cell to text and it worked