cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle connection on universe designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ...

Good day, please experts i need help here in connecting Oracle client with universe designer.

i made my ODBC connection and connect on the oracle service successfully but unfortunately when i try to make a new connection in universe designer and choose my oracle version which is 10g and choose oracle client it brings the window which i should choose the ODBC and enter database user name and password but unlucky i found the service drop down list empty i cant see any of my ODBC connections while in another connection like Access or SQL i can see all the connections including the one i did for oracle.

any help here please for how to connect oracle on universe designer may be am doing something wrong because am an amateur in oracle and i don't know what should i do to connect on designer. Thanks a lot

best wishes ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Yes you have to install Oracle client on BO server and since you are using IDT or Universe designer in BO server you have to install 32 bit Oracle client.

TNS entries are the service names that will be required to have communication between your Oracle client(on BO server) and Oracle server.

You can take help of your Oracle DBA to get the service name from Oracle server and use it on your tns file, which will be created once you install Oracle client on your BO server.

Thank you,

Haresh Pipariya