cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Publisher Error: Report object does not have an associated .rpt file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've configured BW Publisher on a customer and when I publish a Crytal report (publishing to BW and Enterprise), I get the following error message:

Logon to Crystal Enterprise failed

Unable to commit the changes to Enterprise. Reason: Report object does not have an associated .rpt file.

We have the following configuration:

BOE XI 3.1 SP3 running on HP-UX 11.31 (IA-64)

BW is on version 7.0 SP20

The Crystal report seems to be published correctly to BW. If I use transaction /crytal/rptadmin to manually publish the Crystal report from BW to BOE, I get the same error message.

If I test the destination in the /crystal/rptadmin transaction, it works fine.

In transaction SM59, if I test the connection, it works fine as well.

Any help on this is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- could you run a test and just save the report to BW without publishing ?

- could you do a similar test and use your SAP Credentials but now save the report directly to the BusinessObjects server

(to see that you have all the authorizations)

- are you using a SAP gateway or the BW Publishing Service ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

1) Yes, I have tried publishing the Crystal report to BW only, and it seems to work fine.

Once the report is in BW, if I try to manually publish it to BOE, through the transaction /crystal/rptadmin, I get the very same error as if I had published the report from Crystal with the option the automatically publish it to the Enterprise checked.

So the error message is consistent whether I publish the report from Crystal to BW and BOE at the same time, or whether I manually publish a report from /crystal/rptadmin.

2) On the BOE server, the user account in question (imported from a BW through a role) is a member of the Administrators group.

3) We are using BW Publisher service. The process has been manually started on the BOE server with the following command:

./bwcepub.sh 1 -aSW1BOEPUB -gssw1d1d -xsapgw00

where SW1BOEPUB is the program ID used in the SM59 transaction, and ssw1d1d is the host name of BW server.

Are you aware of any way of tracing the BW Publisher process on Unix?

Thank you,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

It turned out that the problem above was caused by the fact that the CMS process had been configured to use a virtual host name rather than the physical host name of the server on which it runs.

Apparently the BW Publisher process uses only the physical host name to try to communicate with the CMS, and therefore the BWP process could not find the CMS.

As soon as we reverted to the default configuration (option auto-assign in the properties of the CMS), everything worked just fine.

Could you please confirm whether or not the BWP process uses only the physical host name (the value returned by the command hostname to try to communicate with the CMS)? Is there any way of configuring a virtual host name to be used?

Please note that in our original configuration (the one with the error message above), we had the CMS configured to use a virtual host name and the /crystal/rptadmin transaction had been configured to use the very same virtual host name.

Thank you,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos, Ingo

I am using physical host name but still getting this error message i.e. Unable to commit : Reason Report object does not have an associated .rpt file

Could please guide me on resolving this.

-BR

Pinaki

former_member189544
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

We had the same issue, when we created copies of existing reports, saved them to another name and technical name in BW, but did not change the title attribute of the report object in Crystal Reports. That seems to lead to the fact, that the publisher tries to publish a report with a different technical name and the same report name into the same folder to the BI platform. After changing the title in Crystal Report Designer this worked as expected.

Regards,

Harald