cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versision & release strategy will activated if changes in PO Header Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If there is change in PO header text after Releasing PO,version Management is not deactivating & release Stratergy is not reset again. can u guide me how version & release strategy will work .

While maintaining Release indicator "6" in PO release strategy . PO release strategy is reset only when changes in Qty & price.

Please give me customization setting for version management & release stratgy.... if there is small changes in po heder text

version management & release strategy should be reset.

Regards,

Jyoti Thakur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member540826
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both the Version management and the release strategy is maintained in the PO then the Preference is given to the releasing the final version before the release of the PO.

In case the version is not set for release manually the PO can not be printed/mailed/faxed. Once the user sets the version complete indicator then the PO will get printed.

The PO mail/fax/print will not go even if the release from the release strategy is complete and Version is not released.

This may solve your problem as you can ask the client to release the version only after all the changes are done in it and then ask for the complete release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If header text changes we cannot capture in std version management setting.

If they wanted to capture the text field changes there are two ways are there.

1. ask your abaper to display for other user and give any one user to edit it.

2. If changes are done in the text level ask your abaper to trigger a mail to the higher levels through enhancement.

Standard setting its very tough to capture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version Management and release strategy will not consider PO header Texts, therefore any changes to header text cannot influence Re-release or reset of version number.

Thanks & regards

AHP

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i will change in PO header condition then also version is not activated. i have to add that manually. mine client requirement is like that if there is any small chnge in PO, version should active automaticallly not manually. what is the customizing for version management.

Regards,

Jyoti aThakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As text are not stored directly in any table ,we need to fetch using a function module READ_TEXT ,There for it may not be possible to directly activate version management for change of text item,Get the help of your ABAPer

Nambi

Former Member

Hellow Nambi,

Thanks for ur reply but i want proper solution. how to activate new version if small change in purchase order??

Regards,

Jyoti thakur

former_member226201
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

first update the verion management path is mm-purchase-version mngt

this updation with based on the purchase organization.

when ever you make the po, if release strategy is activated , once you release the po version management is updated.

if any chages in po version status will be updated. both is linked with purchase organization.

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello laxman,

Version management & release strategy is activated for the PO but the problem is, when qty & price is changed for the PO then only New version is activated & relese PO get cancelled but I want small change in PO new version should be activate automatically.

Ex- If i chage header condition or Header text new version should be activate but its not possble.

Please give proper way if change in po,new version should be activate.

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Mine problem is solved. In customizing Purchasing /Messages/ Text For messages / Define Text for Purchase Order

was not maintained for PO Document type thats the reason after change in PO header text ,PO was not getting trigger for next version

Now i am facing problem for release strategy, after change it is not getting cancelled & rereleased.

Please suggest me any proper solution.

Regards,

Jyoti

former_member226201
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check your release stratey indicator ?

what combination of indicator you selected.

laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laxman,

Release ID Released Changable % of value change Description

1 PO Blocked

2 PO under Released

3 X 6 10% PO Releasd

Above Release indicator for purchasing document i am using

Regards,

Jyoti

former_member712038
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release strategy change is not possible if header text is edited. You may have to use your own user exit for the same. You may build a logic by stating that whenever if the version number changes, reset the existing release strategy.

Use ehancement M06E0004 for deriving your own logic.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Can u explain me in details how resolve this (change in header text with new release strategy) problem.

Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible to re-release for Header Text change...check whether it is possible through using some logic in exit M06E0004

Regards,

Indranil

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Release Strategy will not be re triggered for Text changes. It will be done only,If there is a change in Value/Quantity.