cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new field to an existing Condition table

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I add a new field to an existing condition table?

I have table 971 and I want to add INCOTERMS (INCO1) to this existing table but do not see how to add it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to add a (new) field to an existing condition table.

By adding a new field to an existing condition table you are changing the structure of the table. And this is not possible.

Even if you would be able to do this you will run into issues when transporting the (new) table to either Quality and / or Production. Been there, done that. Lot's of issues to deal with.

The best way is to create a new condition table with the new field and build some conversion program to load the conditions from the old table into the new table, including the new field

Regards,

Jan Pel

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will create a new table as suggested.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I dont think you can add new fields to the condition table once you have activated the condition table.

SAP says you can only make limited changes to the condition table, like changing the description, fast entry screen, header and footer fields, but not able to add new fields to the table, and I think that is the correct approch or else for the same table you will have two sets of condition records.

Please refer to the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/de/7a8534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

What you can do is create a new condition table with additional field and assign this table before the currently used table in the access sequence.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In V/05 I have tried to double click on the Incoterms field on the right side (Field catalog) and it does not move it to the left side (selected fields). I get a message "Function code cannot be selected". Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

goto VOK0 - ENVIRONMENT - Condition table - change - select or double click inco 1.

it will come left side from rigt side.

and execute your table is updated with INCO1.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

goto VOK0 - ENVIRONMENT - Condition table - change - select or double click inco 1.

it will come left side from rigt side.

and execute your table is updated with INCO1.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when I am in V/05 for the condition table I see the Incoterms (INCO1) in the field catalog on the right hand side. What are the steps to get it moved to the selected fields?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in V/05 - you said that you are able to see INCo1 - which is an incoterm 1 field on the right side or on the field catalogue by doube clicing on it.

the field will come to left side and after shifting the field

run it

and

chec whether the field has got added to your condition table desired.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

if some there is already data maintained for condition table. that would be impacted.

thx

dilip sadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

go to VOK0 - environment - condition - changes - select your table which you want to add the field.

add it and run the same and check it.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I am in V/05 how do I get the new field into the table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky

You may use t code v/05 to change the condition table. Hope this helps.