4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 7:36 PM by Trevor Feldman RSS

ActiveX print control for Crystal Reports for .NET 4 - hosting it locally?

Trevor Feldman
Currently Being Moderated

I have a web project that I am converting over from .NET 2/Visual Studio 2005 into .NET 4 / Visual Studio 2010. The project has code written for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and, after conversion, is running using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010.

In my old project under .NET 2 / Visual Studio 2005 / Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005, I had set it up to allow the PrintControl.cab file to be downloaded from our own web server within our Intranet (instead of from the Business Objects server over the Internet) - this solved a number of problems.  Just wondered if there an equivalent way to do this in the .NET 4 / Visual Studio 2010 / Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 world - to setup the .NET 4 ActiveX print control to download from our own server (instead of SAPs server)?  Does this even apply with the .NET 4 version?

I was hoping someone from SAP / Business Objects (or elsewhere) could clarify this - or send me a link to an article that explains how to do this (or whether or not this even makes sense) for .NET 4/ Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Actions