Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kind attn: SD Forum Moderators

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Greetings of the day.

I am an active member on SCN SD Forum since last three years & has always appreciated the quality of experts who regularly contributed.

But lately I have seen one Forum Member replying to almost all the questions & most of his replies are either out of context or just summary of what others have already replied.

I am not against him personally & that is why I am not mentioning names.

But, I sincerely feel that the forum quality is degrading because of this.

I hope SD Forum Moderators would take care of this.

Let me also apologize if I have offended anybody. My intention is not to cause a harm to particular person but I would just like to maintain the quality of Forum.

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re-Opening the Thread...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can say that bug is hampering some of other components also (Not only SD).

ERP, Netweaver administrator etc......

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK PK. Let us not make this thread personal...

I apologise for making it personal & being carried away... Will definitelty take care in future...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries. No need to apologize, you were merely respoonding to a post addressed to you. Just didn't want the focus to shift from the original question of the thread, especially since this has become a burning topic... again... in SCN and not just SD Forum.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh.. it was all my mistake I was reporting daily this Mr. for his link farm.. (Few more are there but don't feel to report as not much happned in last couple of weeks)

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3638376

not much actions being taken against him anyways My mistake was adding him on watch list and getting stupid mails of his link farm..

removed him from watchlist

-Pushkar

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Report abuse option for Users will helpful for this purpose. so look into this one,any one interested to create an idea.

i noticed some people in PCD forum, but the moderators still waiting for him to complete 100's mistakes.

regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Topic is getting diverted

Jignesh: Let it be the original as it is.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I know this and I am in the process of initiating necessary action

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt reply & also thank you in advance for the action initiated.

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is one linkfarmer :http://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=3638376

and farms links almost daily being reported and getting most of his links deleted...

This is going on for last 2 months I wonder how can he still not on Guest train? or do we have set his limit 1000 or something like that.

Just farming links from SAP help doen't give any help to the thread owner.. that can be done by Google...

Any how I have already given up and stopped reporting him as didn't seen it effective..

Regards,

Pushkar

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deleted some personal conversation as the thread was being diverted from an important discussion.

pk

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SD Forum Moderators,

I am suprised to see that after 3 / 4 days break the said person is back on SD Forum & once again started posting his out of context replies to every question...

Trust you all are watching this time around...

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MrJignesh Mehta

Please try to understand as a Moderators we only lock or reject any post only if the member has deviated the forum rules. In the case what you had referred, there is no such incidence and one cannot advice not to reply as this is a public forum. Of course, I had sent a personal mail to the member in question and indicated what are the points that needs to be taken care of, by that member. We cannot expect everybody to post without any grammatical error.

I can only assure the forum members that I am monitoring regularly all the three sales forum and taking action wherever it is necessary.

Hope this rests the queries raised and you may close the thread.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Firstly let me appreciate you & other SD Forum Moderators for doing a great job. I truely understand that you are working as Forum Moderators apart from your respective duties in your Organization.

Infact for you in particular, I know that at times you have sacrificed your family life & sleep and moderated the forum. Here, I would like to volunteer myself to be a Moderator in 3 SD forums, should you all find it appropriate.

But the case here is I am not refering to grammatical or spelling mistakes. We too are not English experts & make errors. I also understand these are public forums & we cannot stop anyone. But we will have to maintain the quality of Forum for experts to be interested in these Forums.

My point in raising this thread was because that Member is generally replying just for the sake of replying & we all know most of his replies are out of context of the questions raised.

I also appreciate the fact that you had sent a personal email to the concerned member & for your information he forwarded that email to my personal ID asking me why did I complained against him & other things I dont want to mention here.

Anyways let us not take this further & I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

i second to the lakshmipathi's decision here. i checked about the user profile and not find anything more violating the rules. the way of answering may be different but the SDN main purpose is helping the needs, its fulfilling.

some people want answers in expert level and some want to spoon- feed all, if replies given by a member (in any language) without violating the rules, helped the problem starter then its not an issue. this is my opinion in this.

Follow this ( copied from matt's reply mail on similar type of situation to me)

Remember that we are a global community, and what is rudeness to one person from one culture, maybe entirely normal and helpful to a person from another culture. Further, in the written word - on online forums - meaning is not always clear, .....

regards

Mahesh

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may find the following of interest:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good One, Matt. But recently, similar kind of Questions/replies started again in ABAP development forum.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please report them, it will be taken care of. We cannot be there all the time, so sometimes there is delays, but each report will be looked at.

Thomas

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Matt,

thanks for the action taken.

regards

Mahesh.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it is a team effort. But it's nice to know we're appreciated.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Matt,

The OP was really making lot of noise and now we can see him boarded the guest train , we really appreciate the efforts being taken by moderators to keep SCN clean.. Only sometimes we are being little impatient to see things moving.

-Regards,

Pushkar