2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2010 9:55 PM by Melissa Pohlman RSS

JDBC Driver not found when setting up connection in Crystal Reports

Melissa Pohlman
Currently Being Moderated

I have downloaded a trial of Crystal Reports to my Windows 7 Profession 64 bit machine and I cannot get the JDBC connection to find my driver.  I opened a new report and am following the Standard Report Creation Wizard.  In the Data screen, I am expanding Create New Connection and double clicking on JDBC (JNDI).  Once I enter my parameters and click finish, I get the error "Failed to open the connection. Details: JDBC driver not found."

I have followed the instructions to add the path to the .jar file within CRConfig.xml, and I have tried to add it to my CLASSPATH environment variable as well. 

When setting up the connection through the GUI, I have entered the following information in the following fields:

Connection URL:  jdbc:postgresql://<our url>     

Database Classname: org.postgresql.Driver

My CLASSPATH contains the following path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\external\postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar

CRConfig.xml has the following CLASSPATH information:

<Classpath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/crlovmanifest.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRLOVExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJDBCServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBXMLServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJavaBeansServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBXMLExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/log4j.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBSForceExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar;${CLASSPATH}</Classpath>

• Re: JDBC Driver not found when setting up connection in Crystal Reports
    William Laverde
    Currently Being Moderated

Open CRConfig.xml.

Go to the tag <DataDriverCommon>.

Under this tag you will find <Classpath> tag.

Add the location where your jar files for SQL Sever are located.

Ensure that you are separating them with ;

One more thing is the directory separator is combination of "\" and"/"

observe the entries for other jars in <Classpath> tag

for example:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/crlovmanifest.jar;

I'd recommend you to copy your jars to <Businessobjects installation Diretory>/Common/4.0 or 3.5 or 3./java/lib

Put jtds-1.2.2.jar in: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib

Add to <Classpath> in the CRConfig.xml file: ;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\jtds-1.2.2.jar

Connection URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://ourserv:1433/ourdb;instance=ourserv;domain=ourdomain

Database Classname: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

Database: ourdb

User ID: (my username)

Password: (my password)

Let me know if that works also can you make sure you set your Java Home variable

Actions