3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2015 9:16 PM by Carlo Cabrales RSS

JDBC Driver not found when setting up connection in Crystal Reports

Melissa Pohlman
Currently Being Moderated

I have downloaded a trial of Crystal Reports to my Windows 7 Profession 64 bit machine and I cannot get the JDBC connection to find my driver.  I opened a new report and am following the Standard Report Creation Wizard.  In the Data screen, I am expanding Create New Connection and double clicking on JDBC (JNDI).  Once I enter my parameters and click finish, I get the error "Failed to open the connection. Details: JDBC driver not found."

I have followed the instructions to add the path to the .jar file within CRConfig.xml, and I have tried to add it to my CLASSPATH environment variable as well. 

When setting up the connection through the GUI, I have entered the following information in the following fields:

Connection URL:  jdbc:postgresql://<our url>     

Database Classname: org.postgresql.Driver

My CLASSPATH contains the following path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java\lib\external\postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar

CRConfig.xml has the following CLASSPATH information:

<Classpath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/crlovmanifest.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRLOVExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJDBCServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBXMLServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJavaBeansServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBXMLExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/log4j.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBSForceExternal.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar;${CLASSPATH}</Classpath>