cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Required to assembly CrystalDecisions.Shared

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just installed Visual Studio 2010 Professional and SAP Crystal Reports version for Visual Studio 2010, both default installations on a clean Windows XP installation. I launch VS2010, and Create a New Project, selecting "Reporting", and then "Crystal Reports Application". In the "Create a New Crystal Report Document" area, I select "As a Blank Report". Immediately, I get two errors, both saying:

Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.RequestContext'. Add one to your project.

I check my project references, and find that under .NET, CrystalDecisions.Shared is already there. Double-clicking on ther error, and clicking on the link that says "Add reference..." by the error in the code does nothing.

What am I missing here? Is SAP Crystal Reports for VS2010 just broken? Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problems as yours, I used to install beta version and it worked fine. Today I uninstalled the beta version and installed the latest version released on Nov 15th. Then the problems happened.

Waiting for the solutions

Thanks

Hao

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you had a Beta on your system, see [this|; thread. If that does not help, please create a new thread.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encounter the exact problem. Did anyone had a fix or should we wait for the next release of CustomReports?

Edited by: Vu Tran Novoco on Dec 28, 2010 12:04 AM

0 Kudos

Go into the Properties of the project and check on the 4.0 framework, not the client version.

Then you should see the Crystal Reports Viewing the Tools list. Drop that onto a form and the 2 assemblies should be added for you.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don:

The error is regarding to this message:

Reference required to assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e304' containing the type 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.RequestContext'. Add one to your project.

I could not locate 'CrystalDecisions.Shared.RequestContext' any where to add to the project.

CrystalDecisions.Shared was already added to the project.

Thanks for helping to get this project moving along.

Vu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Staff   

I believe that in determining the situation script below work?

1) When you just generate the project, and appears this error.

2) Make sure you are checking on the 4.0 framework, not the client version.

3) Close the project and open it again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you're the 1st one to report this issue so, I suspect we're not looking at a "break" here.

See if doing a repair on VS 2010 will help. Reinstalling CRVS2010 may be an idea. Make sure you install as a local Admin.

Check the GAC, see if the assembly is there.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was exeriencing this problem on another computer. To make sure it wasn't an issue with any incompatibility with any other software, I took another machine with a virgin Windows XP install, and did a fresh install of VS2010 and CRVS2010. Did nothing other than attempt to create New Project as described above. I can try to repair the installs, but there were no errors during the installs, and nothing else was done that could have "broken" them.

Gacutil /l lists:

CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, processorArchitecture=MSIL