cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGPL/IBOM and Bol/Genil - difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have been working in CRM Sales and IC Web projects and have dealt a lot with Bol Genil framework. Now I am into a marketing project where I see we have IBOM and CGPL framework in place.

Could anyone please tell the basic difference between working of Bol/Genil and IBOM and why do we have a completely different framework for Sales and marketing.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BOL/Genil framework was primarily for Oneorder Dcouments (Read Sales and Service). When Marketing functionality came into picture it was felt that since it would be primarily hierarchical based structure so a Pure BOL/Genil was perhaps not suited/scalable to all Marketing future obejcts and hence a new Framework CGPL came into being which was later enhanced by IBOM layer to make it more generic.

Rg,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshit for giving a head start.

Could you please elaborate a bit on what do you mean by 'hierarchical based structure'. Also, how would it be technical different from Bol/Genil framework - there is lot of material/blogs/wikis available for bol/genil but I don't have many links related to CGPL or IBOM framework. Bol Genil as you already know is from mvc to bol to genil to api n database.

It would be appreciated if you could give details about how this framework works and how different would it be to use. Also, I could not exactly follow how CGPL was enhanced by IBOM - are they two different frameworks or closely related as Bol/genil are.

Sorry for too many questions

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshit,

Can you please tell me about " Hierarchical Based Structure " as i'm a it confused about this IBOM  concept.

and also i'm going through the Marketing Framework and IBOM , can you explain the concept behind  it.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Under Marketing Workcenter if you navigate there is Campaign and Campaign Elements, Trade Promotion and Trade Promotion Elements, LM Program, Campaign, RRule Group and RRule all under an Hierarchy.

Please go through the Technical architecture guidelines and do let me know incase you have specific queries.

Rg,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harshit,

I have checked the workcenter page and campaign and other pages, but I am still not 100% clear with how it is hierarchy based model - i know they are not transaction or one order documents, still how do they fit into hierarchy based model is not what I am very clear with. I have read about how it works, marketing plan then budgeting and campaign, but technically I am stuck at the model that is followed here.

Also, I am not able to find Technical Guidelines that you mentioned about the framework anywhere on SDN.

Well, these are the specific queries for now. Once I am clear with them, I am sure other things I can explore and find out

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not many takers of CRM Marketing Technical?

I have partially understood how it is hierarchy based model. But my basic question asked in the first post remains as it is.

Please assist.

Regards,

Rohit