cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR4VS2010 Production 32-bit runtime errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our development server, I had been using the Beta 2 of the runtime libraries (32-bit) for testing. Just this past weekend, I attempted to run the Production Release 32-bit runtime libraries. It got stuck on the Computing Disk Space Requirements screen for 3 days. I cancelled and deleted all remnants of Beta 2 (i had uninstalled initially). Still no luck. I ran the RequiredRuntimes and vcredsit_x86 files from the CR4VS2010 Extracted files. After that, the 32-bit runtime installed. However, I could no longer print and there were no errors in the logs. Eventually I uninstalled the production and reinstalled the Beta 2 runtime libraries and everything began printing again when I did this. Did i miss a step in the upgrade from Beta 2 to production? Why did the initial install fail to calculate disk space reqs? I cannot push out a production sever untill i can make sure the dev server runs correctly. Please let me know, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm, I remember there was a sticky post that highly discouraged anyone installing the Beta on their production or development computers. This is exactly the reason why...

I'd go back to uninstalling the Beta. Not sure what you did to uninstall the Beta as the uninstall may not be clean (especially not Beta 1). I suggest the following steps:

Uninstall CRVS2010 (both Beta and Production release)

Remove all CR assemblies of version 14 from GAC

Remove SAP BusinessObjects key and all subkeys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

Remove SAP BusinessObjects key and all subkeys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Check for C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects

If above path is found, delete the SAP BusinessObjects folder and all itu2019s subfolders

Follow instructions in the last post of [this|; thread

Reinstall CRVS2010 Production release

Ludek

Edited by: Ludek Uher on Dec 13, 2010 9:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I uninstalled Beta 2, I simply uninstalled it from the control panel on the server. The only "remnants" left were some directory structures in C:\Program Files\SAP Business Objects and Business Objects. I did not delete any registry keys, so that may have been part of the issue.

The production release is currently not on my development server, just the Beta 2 that I had to reinstall.

As far as putting this on production/development machines, I had no choice in the matter. When I spoke with the sales engineer regarding this earlier in the year, I was assured by him and others that what we were trying to do (VS 2010, .NET 4) was supported by Crystal Reports 2008 and that I would have no trouble doing so. We were too far in development when we found out that this was not truly the case. Unfortunately, we had to use a beta product on a production server to get our new system running correctly. I am now trying to correct that by getting this production release rolled out as soon as I can, but I need to make sure I get the correct flow of what needs to happen in what order (i.e. uninstall beta, remove dirs/reg keys, etc) on the dev server before I can do the production ones.

One question I did have - does VS 2010 automatically update to the "new" production version of the reference or do I need to remove and reimport the Crystal references?

Thank you for your help so far.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales people...

The update will be automatic.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, should know better than to believe sales people...

OK, if it updates automatically, if we publish our printing application with the "updated" versions to a server that does not have the production runtime on it, should it still work? Appears to be the case in testing on the dev server, but want to make sure moving forward. thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it should work.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - we recently created a new dev server and the new production runtime libraries were the only ones loaded onto this new system. However, ran into the same exact issue as before, will not print any report, does not throw any errors, but it would appear to not even know of the existence of Crystal on the server. Tried reinstalling the libraries, rebooting the server and printing again - nothing. The only way i got it to work was to remove the production runtime and install the beta 2 libraries again. To me, this means that either our VS2010 project still references a beta 2 version somehow or that the server has issues with the production runtimes. How can i verify that the project has the correct version of the dll references loaded? How can i verify the server is "looking" for those versions? Since this was a new server, i would have though this would work, but apparently we are having issues beyond that. Please let me know what i can do, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version does the Production runtimes have, 13 or 14? I see many different versions in my GAC. Our Dev server is currently "clean", so i wanted to try running the production runtimes on there again. When I add the references into my project again, it says they are version 13. Was 14 only for Beta?

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The version is 13 for production and Beta was 14.

Refer to first reply by Ludek.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - thank you, just wanted to verify, as I was confused by all the versions I see. It appears to be working now, but I am still working on another issue that exists now. But as far as not printing goes, this is now resolved after doing a "clean" uninstall/reinstall process.

Answers (0)