cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI Central Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I have installed the WWI server locally and it is working fine.

What steps do I need to carry to make it central so that from any PC i can generate the reports.

also i have configured SvcAdmin.exe and this service is also working.

Does this only step required for Central Installation.

Please guide.

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

Please see SAP Note 1394553 - EH&S WWI server installation instructions.

It contains the WWI cook book as a attachement, this has WWI installtion process both locally and centrally.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Thanks for the reply.

I am already using this cookbook to install the WWI.

Moreover I have already installed the same and running fine.

I wanted to know what Differentiating steps which make WWI installation Central.

In other words, can you please tell me which are the steps which makes WWI installion as a Central

Thanking You

Regards

Amol

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

To be able to use WWI server as central server you need to follow steps as follows:

1) Identy a system which can be used as a separate server ( please see cook book for the prerequisite of the system to be used as a Generation server) and install WWI on it.

2) Create a RFC in R3 / ECC 6.0 system. (Please see cook book again) Please note RFC Destination and Program ID. You will require help of your basis person here.

3) In IMG activity specify generation server, in Destination field, you pull the RFC destination defined in previous step.

4) Now in SAPRFC.INI file in your WWI server, for the console entry, for Program ID, use the value of Prgram ID defined in step2.

Enter the SAP application server name for GWHOST and SAP application server system name or sapgw name in GWSERV

So, diffrentiating points are identyfying the separate system to be used as a Gen Server and defineing the RFC for the same in your SAP system and then identifying them in SAPRFC.INI file.

Regards,

Niraj

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Dec 16, 2010 6:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

Thanks.

i have already done the all the activities.

can you please tell me, I have configured Windows Servece via SvcAdmin.exe

what is the significance of this step?

what is the use of configuing it as Services

also i need to strat the Wwistart.exe manually to start the WWI...

what steps should i perform so that wen computer get started, WWI should also get started...

Regards

Amol

Edited by: Amol Joshi on Dec 20, 2010 10:27 AM

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

SvcAdmin.exe is basically a Service administation utility. This can be used to install, set up, and monitor services.

You can use Generation server as a Windows service or as a Console program.

For using the Generation server as Windows serive you will require two windows services. One is a service named identical to DEST ID in your SAPRFC.INI file ( This will use executable WWISVC.exe) and second service is EHSStart service. SvcAdmin.exe will help you install and set us this services. EHS Start service will have dependency of WWI generation service. EHS start is used basically to monitor WWI generation server using a service( This will use executable EHSSTART.exe). When you define Start up type as Automatic while setting up these services, it ensures that when ever your windows system restarts, it will automatically restart these service which inturn will make your WWI server up and running.

For using Generation server as Console program, you need to execute the program WWIstart.exe from WWI directory. This is manual step and each time your windors restart you need to manually restart this .exe program.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody..

thanks for the response, Niraj

so my opinion is that, there is Nothing like "Local" and "Central" Installation of WWI Generation Server.

As even in Local Installation - we have to set the RFC Destination.

and once the RFC is set.. it can be accessed by any system so it is Central.

is my assumption / Conclusion correct?

Regards

Amol

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

Yes, Kind of.

In my understanding, local installtion meaning, you make your system a generation server by installing WWI on it and if you keep Generation server up and running, your system will become WWI server for the application server to which it is pointing.

In central installtion, you install the WWI on a separate system and make it a generation server.

Regards,

Niraj

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

dear Niraj/Experts,

I am trying to install, the WWI server as noted in wwi cook book. During the installation process, the setup must ask the RFC destination to pick. But it ceases to ask and finishes the installation. By this way, the ehs management server is not logged on the sap gateway. The services are not started. Further no saprfc.ini file is being created in the WWI folder.

I have done this setup earlier 3 months back. Since we moved to a new server, i am facing this issue.

I have maintained the RFC's and followed the steps mentioned in 850 config document from steps 3 to 12. The installation never asks the license info or the RFC destination.

3.The installation wizard asks whether to install the EHSM Management Service to administrate the EHSM Server Components additionally. Choose Yes.

4.Specify the destination folder for the WWI installation. The system suggests the standard WWI folder. Choose Next.

5.Enter the license information on the License Check for EHSM WWI screen. Choose Next.

Without a license key the server can be installed in an evaluation mode that is restricted to run for 10 days only. For more information refer to Note 513330.

6.Confirm the screen that shows the installation information.

7.The installation wizard asks whether you want to share the SAPRFC.INI file with other installations. Choose OK.

8.The installation wizard asks for information about the RFC destination to be used/created for the management service. Make the following entries:

• Destination = BP_EH_EHS_MANSRV
  • Type = Server
  • GWHOST = <network address of your SAP server; for example server5.company.com>
  • GWSERV = sapgw<nn> (where <nn> is the system number of your SAP system)
  • ProgID = BP_EH_EHS_MANSRV

The ProgID cannot be changed via entry fields like the other four fields before. You have to change it in the table displayed under the entry fields (use double-click on the line ProgID).

9..Choose OK.

10.An additional screen asks for configuration of a valid RFC destination. Choose entry BP_EH_EHS_MANSRV. Choose OK.

11.The installation wizard asks for a temporary working directory for WWI. Accept the suggested value and choose OK.

Kindly help

Regards

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

only to make sure that we are discussing the same topic:

With higher SAP release you have the option to avoid local WWI installation. The local WWI installation is used for "Report from template"; Generation is done in WWI farm.

But if you check this:

Business Function: OPS_EHS_CI_1 (Enhancement Package 3 of SAP ERP)

And refer to:

"You can display WWI reports without having to install WWI locally on the front end. For more information, seeWindows Wordprocessor Integration (WWI)."

Yuu need not install any more WWI locally (but this does not have, according to my knowledge) any impact on th WWI server farm for report generation and e.g. SDS distribution)

C.B.

PS: check e.g.
http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/49/097d6482e84a18e10000000a42189b/content.htm?framese...

Chapter: Display of Reports Without Local WWI Installation

Answers (0)