Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing MM invoices after posting

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody know if there's a way to change certain fields in posted MM invoice? E.g. the baseline date for calculation of the due date can be changed in the FI document, i.e. SAP doesn't have problems with this field eing changed. However, this change is not reflected in the MM document and it is impossible to do the same change from LIV.

In my eyes this looks like just a lack of functionality in LIV. Am I right or just can't find how to do it?

TIA

Raf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182371
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this: SAP Note 904652 - MIRO: Different from FB60

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/904652

MIRO is an independent Materials Management (MM) transaction that does not

claim to be the same as the accounting transactions (such as FB60 or FB01).

MIRO was developed to allow users to process vendor invoices within the

context of the MM procurement processes as simply as possible.

For this reason, among other differences, the field selection was limited

to the absolutely necessary. For example, the following fields from the

accounting document are not available in Transaction MIRO (this list is not

complete):

• Posting period (BKPF-MONTH)

• Cash discount base amount (BSEG-SKFBT)

• Reference key (BSEG-XREF1, -XREF 2, -XREF 3)

...etc

The differences listed above and other similar differences are not program errors.

Despite the listed restrictions, it is possible to enter invoice documents correctly in MIRO.

In certain cases (for non-order-related documents) you may need to switch to an FI transaction.

Best regards.

Edited by: Pablo Casamayor on Dec 14, 2010 11:17 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible change fields in LIV invoice after posting,if you want to do it,hold / park invoice document.

For example,if you change baseline date in invoce,how system will calculate payment due of vendor ?

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your comments. I understand that the selection of fields available in MIRO is more limited than the fields available in FB60. This is natural.

However, if a field does exist on both screens, it should be in sync in my view. Because otherwise it can be misleading: suppose you posted an invoice and the system calculated the baseline date of Dec. 8th and the payment due date of Dec. 31st. After a while you check your invoice in MM and believe that it will be paid on the 31st; however it won't! Because somebody changed in the meanwhile the baseline date in the accounting doc. (FB02).

In my eyes, there are plenty of ways to avoid such misunderstanding:

- Have the two date fields suppressed in the MM document once it has been posted.

- Allow the possibility to change the field in MM and let the changes be reflected in the FI document (as it is in many other places in SAP where there are dependent documents generated automatically).

- Let the changes in the FI document be reflected back to the MM document

However, none of these has been done by SAP as far as I can see - and the functionality causes misunderstandings! Therefore I suspect that I might have missed something.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raf,

From my experience you are correct, you can make changes to the FI document but very limited changes, if any, to the MM document. If you think about it, it makes sense because the FI document is the one that needs the payment terms, tax info and things you can change. Whereas the MM document really doesn't use the payment terms.

Regards,

Sandra