cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete SAP System Backup & Recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My company has implemented SAP ECC 6 and about to go live and my BASIS training is scheduled in Jan 2011.

I have few questions regarding SAP Backup & Recovery. I appreciate if somebody answer my questions in detail.

Following are the questions:

Q1. What are the steps for a Complete SAP System Backup regardless of the database being used?

Q2. Besides the full complete database backup, what else (files/system directories) need to be backup?

Thanks & Regards,

Brohi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depends whether it's only ABAP or ABAP + Java.

You can start reading here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/bbe35dd880307ce10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Markus

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question has been answered but needed a detailed step by step example!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the link at help.sap.com I posted?

What "step-by-step" are you expecting? Depending on the operating system, database and the backup software you use there are various methods in doing backup and restore.

At best you try it out, you backup everything and restore on a new (virtual?) machine to see if it works, nobody here can't give you screenshots about which buttons to click in what sequence, that's something you should do as your "homework" Get back if you have any special problems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) take backup ful online or offline + redolog

2) backup

/usr/sap/

/sapmnt/<SID>

/usr/sap/trans

<SID>adm home directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wanted to ask you which mode i shoud backup the file system online or offline.  Is the online mode ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats your database?

For SAP

/usr/sap/

/sapmnt/<SID>

/usr/sap/trans

<SID>adm home directory