cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Send out e-mails through a 3rd party mail host?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to send out e-mail campaign from our CRM system.

But we would not like to risc being blacklisted as spammer, so we would like to send out the e-mails using a 3rd party mail host provider.

Our sales department already use our CRM system for sending out their sales related e-mails.

They use our corporate exchange server for that.

So the scenario is:

I have created a smtp node in trx scot, and liked it to our domain *company.com

This node points to our corporate mail host. All our normal users use this domain.

All our campaign e-mails from CRM should be send using another mail host as described before.

According to note 455140, I don't see that I can create a new smtp node in scot.

And link this one to our new e-mail domain *company-news.com and the external mail host.

How do I send these e-mails to a specific mail host when the sender is a specific domain e.g. company-news.com?

My Exchange server guys say that they can't redirect specific mails send from our CRM system.

They can only redirect all mails that are send from our CRM system, but then all the e-mails from our sales reps are also send through a 3rd party mail host.

Does anyone have battled with this before, and how did you solve it?

best regards

Michael Wolff Knudsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We bought a new Exchange server, version 2007 just for CRM. This Exchange version can tunnel the e-mail to our 3rd party vendor, and they can send out the e-mails so neither one of us gets spammed.