cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change timestamp format in file receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a FILE to FILE scenario WITHOUT repository objects.

What I need to do is to add a time stamp at the end of the target file.

By default, the "Add timestamp" option in the file receiver communication channel makes the filename as *YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS-xxx

What I need to have is the date&time format as MMDDYY_HHMISS.

Are there any modules by default in SAP PI in which I can manipulate this stuff? Or is there other way to do this?

Thanks in advice!

Regards,

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

AFAIK no module is available to handle the same..

only possible way is to use Dynamic configuration..which requires mapping object for execution..

if dont want to use mapping then need to look for custom module development..which requires lot of effort than mapping..

HTH

Rajesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write a simple windows script that renames the files as you want. Be sure that you write the file first with a temp name, so that scripts renames and moves them in to the actual folder.

VJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, I use the HostFTP adapter (from seeburger) which has the module to manipulate this.

Thank you all for your replies!

Regards,

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Writing a OS level script would help in this case.

Write a script to move the files to the archive folder in the required format. Place the script in the OS file system.

For this, change the processing mode to Test and execute the script from the "Run Operating System Command After Message Processing" giving the absolute path of the script and the command line arguements.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi Claudio

There is one posibility is that you add the time stamp in the message mapping in the parent level, with the function current Date and with one UDF with the function http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File.

You need too that the FCC have activate in the Advanced adapter File Name.

And one FCC Dinamical apointing at your ERP with the flag take Sender form Payload.

Ferran