cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform to display in Vendor Language[LFA1-SPRAS]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a smartform in EN language , I have selected the radio button for all language on the global settings page

I have also created translations via SE63 to other language , but the user wants the smartform display not in logon language but the vendor language LFA1-SPRAS , Kindly note that SF is triggered from T-code MR91 hence I cannot control the language parameter . Please advice me some solution.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GaravDeep,

You dont have to do much over here. Follow below steps and it should resolve your problem.

The very first step you do over here is idetify the language of the vendor based on the vendor country.

Pass this language to the interface of the smart form and then system should take care of the printing.

you can even overwrite the nast-spras lang once you identify the vendor lang.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit ,

Thanks for your reply .

about Passing vendor language to the interface of the smart form , As the form is getting triggered from Standard T code configured in SPRO , How can I change Nast-SPRAS , control_parameter etc

Regards

Gaurav Deep

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GauravDeep,

I would like you to check following things.

In SPRO can you please check if any standard form & print program is configured?

If you have any standard program configured in SPRO. Please analyze this program to find how standard program is passing print parameters to the FM for smartform or Sapscript.

Incase you dont have any standard program configured let me know where are you configuring this form in SPRO?

Send me the node details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses , from configuration there is a setting to chose the display language of the Smartform ,

All the descriptive fields I controled by SRPAS = LFA1-SPRAS , all the text elements changed to text module .

hence it got solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gauravdeep

I am facing same issue. Can you please let me know how you resolved it? Where is the configuration located to change the smartform language and what other steps has to be done? Appreciate your response

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have a similar situation to print delivery note in language based on customer. Please can you suggest where in configuration you changed and what are the other procedures for printing smartform in different languages.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

what is your question at all? I mean, if you do the messaging there is all included what you need.

If you do not know about that, get to one of your colleagues and he/she should explain the very basic to you.

I mean, if you ask a question, so it should be a question at all, don't it?

Share all things about it, what transaction, what did you try to solve it, do you got a driver-program, did you deliver a smartforms or a sapscript or or or.. Are you able to modify the ABAP-Program. I mean,it isn't that hard to share the details.

Without details there will be no good answer. It's that easy

But nice, that you used the search than just start a new discussion

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Sorry if you did not understand my question. I had mentioned that I have a similar requirement as Gaurav. To print delivery note based on customer language. I have developed a smartform in EN (English) language and yes the smartform has a Z driver program. Now based on the Customer language I need to display the smartform in that language. I have passed the language key to CONTROL_PARAMETERS in driver program to the function module. Yes the smartform I have checked the radiobutton translate to all languages. But while executing it the delivery note is displayed in EN only. I have tried SE63 to translate the texts but that also is not working. How can we translate the texts in SF? Should we manually do it and based on condition display the delivery note?

Regards,

Priya

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

if you got a proper translation it is exact that way you mentioned.

Here is a wiki for the translation:

Smart Form Language Translation - Step by Step procedure - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

The mistake is definitely in the SE63-translation to search.

Perhaps you forgot to activate the translation or a transport is missing?

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have tried SE63 for std SAP smartform LE_SHP_DELNOTE to check how the translation works. For LE_SHP_DELNOTE smartform when I put the source from DE to target EN, I can see the translation when clicking on edit before saving itself. But for my Z smartform when I give source EN to target ES and click EDIT, there is no change in the text. The target text still remains in English. So that is problem. I need to check other means for translating my texts. Please do you have any suggestion?

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There you go, you do not got a translation yet, what you see is the text for the person who translates the form. The translator needs an hint what to translate at what poition in the form. Normally they aren't developers so how should they know

You need someone, which are able to translate your EN-Form now to ES.

If you see the text in front of you, you have to click save and then the system ask you, fi you are done with the translation ( that is what i mean with active before).

so you just have to ask in your company, how your translation process works. In my company we got an own unit just doing the translations, I think there will be one person at least, which feels comfortable with such things in your company too.

You just have to find this one. In developing you made everything correct and if the form is translated finally it will show up.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks Florian!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

apoorva_dethe1
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Customizing

Message Control Customizing can be reached via the Reference IMG: from the initial screen of the SAP system, select Tools ® Business Engineer ® Customizing, Implement. projects ® Display SAP Ref. IMG

From the Reference IMG, select Materials Management ® Purchasing ® Messages ® Output Control

(ref Message Control Customizing in Purchasing (MM): Example - Purchase Order)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Aidan Black & Raymond Giuseppi Thankyou so much for your replies .

@Raymond I have requested the Functional guy to look into the config. possibilities to attain this .

@Aiden I have debugged the same by putting breakpoint at the starting of the FM Control_parameter was blank

and then I encountered

{ CALL FUNCTION 'SSFRT_SET_LANGUAGES'

EXPORTING I_CONTROL_PARAMETERS = CONTROL_PARAMETERS

I_MASTERLANGUAGE = 'E'

I_THRULANG = ' '

I_INSTALL_LANG = ' '

IMPORTING O_LANGUAGES = %LANGUAGES.

%HEADER-LANGU = %LANGUAGES-LANGU1. }

and here the %LANGUAGES was E ....

since we have config the form to trigger form standard T code MR91 are you suggesting to find some exit etc to cod enad change the CONTROL_PARATEMER and set it to LFA1-SPRAS

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the smartform function module is called, it is the parameter CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU that determines the language of the smartform. This needs to be set somewhere in the customizing of yuor application. I am not familiar with your aplication. perhaps you can debug to check.

Regards,

Aidan