cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Step Number at SAP Workload Monitor (ST03)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We want to get a number of today's dialog step from SAP.

I know we can get a this number at ST03.

If we want to get a number from outside SAP, Which function module at SAP can return this number ?

Any idea ?

Regards, Arnold.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I once wrote a C program that called a function module, i seem to have lost the source code. But as far as i remember the function module was SWNC_GET_WORKLOAD_STATISTIC

Good luck, Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to All,

I need to calculate no. of Dialog Steps per week user wise.Is this possible.? Then how.??

I have an user MDMUSER.I want to find out Dialog Steps/week of this user.So that we can calculate and categorized user(either LOW/Medium/High Users).

Please reply to this message.

Regards,

JUNAID

0 Kudos

Dear Ahmad,

You can check ST03N->Expert Mode->Week->Choose one week, then choose

Analysis Views->User and Settlement Statistics-> Choose the user, for example,

MDMUSER, check the Dialog steps for this user.

Hope this is your needs.

Best regards,

Jing

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jing,

Thanks for the reply.

But when i choose MDMUSER,it shows 2010 year data.I want to display current data.I have to analyze no. of dialog steps of MDMUSER.

Please guide me.

Regards,

JUNAID

0 Kudos

Dear Junaid,

Can you view the current data for all users in ST03N? Could you please attach a screenshot

for ST03N?

Best regards,

Jing

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Please have a look...

In this screen shot it shows 2010 year data.But we need to display the current data.

Please guide me..

Regards,

JUNAID

0 Kudos

Dear JUNAID,

From the attachment, there is no latest workload data in ST03N.

Please check the OS timezone settings and SAP R/3 timezone settings following note 926290.

Also, please chekc if the job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR runs hourly in client 000 by

user DDIC.

Best regards,

Jing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"if we want to get a number from outside SAP, Which function module at SAP can return this number ?"

What you mean by outside SAP?

ST03N data was collective data of all function module and this t-code represent basis module (BC).

What are you looking at exactly and why you wnated to try something hard when you have inbuilty ST03N functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be realy difficult to find the function module used to fetch the dialog steps. It can be a function module or any class.

One way to find the function module is... enable the trace for the transaction.

1. SE30 -> Transaction should be ST03N

2. Provide a Variant Name starting with Z and create it.

3. Execute the transaction from SE30.

4. View the dialog steps value in ST03N transaction and come back to SE30.

5. Evaluate -> Hit List and search with select option.

You will find the function module names which are fetching data from the database.

Regards,

Rajamanikkam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- goto ST03N

- choose Expert Mode

- on workload section (top left), choose you server (or you can choose total too) and period (on your case select day)

- choose today

- on the right, tab frontend, the first column (#steps) will show you the number of dialog step performed by each user/ terminal.

- if you choose instance tab, the first column (#steps) will show you summary the number of dialog steps on that server (or total)

from SAP Help (F1)

description of #Steps field :

SAP Workload: Number of Steps

Number of transaction steps in the SAP System.

In a dialog task, one transaction step corresponds to a screen change; a request executed by the R/3 System for a user.

A background job can consist of one or more transaction steps, if several job steps are processed.

An update request triggered by a call from the dialog or the background corresponds to one transaction step, even if several updates are processed.

Several print requests are usually processed during one spool step.

The R/3 kernel generates a statistical entry for each transaction step; you can analyze the entries using the business transaction analysis.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno