cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resset the B1Site Pswd when Server Database Credential is grayed out

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

one of my client forgot the B1Site user and then I cannot upgrade to a most recent pl in 8.8

I know the regular procedure goes as follow:

1. Open SAP Business One Server Manager

2. From the Drop down list choose License manager

3. Click on Settings

4. Click on "Configure Security"

5. Click on "Change Site password"

6. Validate Credentials byServer Database credentials

7. Fill in Database type (MSSQL 2005 or 2008)

8. Fill In the Database Server (Name or IP of SQL Server)

9. Fill in User name (e.g. 'SA') and fill in the related password for the chosen user

10. Type in "New Site Password

11. Repeat (confirm) the "New Site password

My problem is that the u201CServers Database Credentialsu201D is grayed out and I cannot fill in the fields. I tried to do a run as admin on the Service manager as a domain admin but it does not work.

I tried to desinstall/reinstall server tools but it does not work.

The way it is setup is that I have MSSQL on one machine, and Service Manager on another oneu2026

Any idea?

Thanks,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristopher....

Do you get any solution? No need to uninstall server tool for tht........

Try this.

Go to License Manager. Click on Setting and then click on Configure Security. Dont put the pwd and only click on Change password button. Now do not put the current Password and simply keep it blank and only put the new pwd as you want.

And click OK.

This will change pwd and you can login through B1siteuser....

Hope this will help you....

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks everyone for you input

Rahul i could not use your solution because the "Server database credentials". If I try without this option this it will not let me.

Thanks bala i dit the reinstall but this time I used a installation package (version 16) instead of 17 and this worked.

Christophe

kvbalakumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Uninstall the Server tools.

Re-install again, it will ask for the Site user password while installation..

Hope this help.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following and reset the password:

1)Close SAP B1

2)Stop and exit SAP Business One Service Manager if it is already running.

3) Now Navigate to the Start>All Programs>SAP Business One>Server Tools>Right click on Service Manager and Run as Administrator.4)Open Service Manager from task bar.

5)Make sure Server Name is correct ( in some cases it might default to localhost, you should have Server Name, if not click on Settings and enter Server Name on License Server, port 30000 and click connect )

6) Under Service drop down list pick License Manager and check the box Start when Operating Starts and click on Start/Play button.

Now try re-starting the system, the service should start automatically. Reset the password.