We currently have BO XI R3.1 setup on our servers (Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition).
Now, we want to have SP2 and SP3 on the same server for BO XI. Could you please advice, if these SPs are supported for Win2003 and any impact or known risks on the same?
In case if any further information is required then please do let me know.
Are you planning to upgrade to SP2 or to SP3? You can go directly to SP3 or first decide to install SP2 and evaluate your environment.
You can find out which platforms are supported using the following link: https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000726096&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202
Hope this helps...
Martijn van Foeken
Focuzz BI Services
Thanks for your valuable inputs.
If I come to a conclusion then I am right in saying "On general document observations, No immediate benefit by upgrading to SP2/SP3. If we have no bugs in relation to the current version then we can wait for v4.0 release and do subsequent planning and testing, as it could affect the live system."
Current BO XI R3.1 version information:
Build Number 882
Product Version 220.127.116.112
Resource Version 18.104.22.1682
No Service Pack installed
I would definitly recommand to not upgrade your current environment if you don't face any bugs and if you don't benefit directly from introduced functionality in SP2 or SP3.
Don't fix what ain't broken
Please be careful going to XI 4.0 when it becomes available. In general it's worth waiting until SP1 is released .